Fischer Audio Eterna need amp?
Nov 6, 2010 at 2:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

medicalstudent

New Head-Fier
My year old hippo vb's fell apart last week.  Did some research and it seems the new (?) bass giant is the audio eternas?  Rev 2 has less bass than Rev 1?  Is there another iem of comparable price that offers more bass?

Anyway, I just got an htc evo phone and the sound is was so much crappier/weaker than on my ipod touch.  So I figured I needed an amp?  Is it worth the money?  Or should i just lug around my ipod too?

Been looking at the Fiio E7...is this a good choice if I were to get an amp?

Thanks in advance!

Nov 6, 2010 at 3:12 AM Post #2 of 5
Rev. 2 has less bass than the first one? Really? I have both i think the bass quantity is almost the same only that the first one has more mid bass. Used to own both Fiio E5 and E7 then i figured how much bass do you actually need. It already sounds good unamped bass boost on an Eterna is really unnecessary, trust me.

Nov 6, 2010 at 12:47 PM Post #3 of 5
thanks for the reply,  i was just thinking i would need an amp because i can turn the volume up to max on my phone with the hippos and it doesnt even get close to hurting my ears and it just feels so much weaker in the bass department than on my ipod even at mid volume.  would an amp solve that problem?

Nov 6, 2010 at 7:17 PM Post #4 of 5
I doubt you will need an amp for these.
About the volume thing, I actually have to limit the volume on my ipod nano to about half because i'm scared i'll accidentally turn it more than that.  I think they are pretty easy to drive and get really loud.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back