First word on ipod classic's SQ!
Sep 7, 2007 at 10:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

jdimitri

Headphoneus Supremus
Since no one seems to own one yet..

ilounge review

And a quote from vinnie:
Quote:

From what I am hearing with the stock 6G, it will have no trouble competing with (or even topping) the other stock units' line-outs. Just my opinion.

Definitely getting one as soon as it hits the stores

Sep 7, 2007 at 10:54 PM Post #2 of 10
What about the SQ from the headphone out? I honestly wonder how many of the masses will be using the line out.

Sep 7, 2007 at 11:15 PM Post #3 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Superbaldguy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What about the SQ from the headphone out? I honestly wonder how many of the masses will be using the line out.

how do you even use the iPod's line out?

Sep 7, 2007 at 11:27 PM Post #5 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigmike34 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how do you even use the iPod's line out?

get an ipod dock cable, connect it to an amp, and connect your headphones to the amp... check some pics in the portable rigs picture thread... there are tons of examples in there

Sep 8, 2007 at 6:30 AM Post #7 of 10
I just got one today, black 80 gig... the back of 'em still scratches up at the drop of the hat, I actually scratched it with what seems to be my fingernails just taking the wrapping off of it.

Seems that the rest of it is pretty pimp though.
biggrin.gif
Unfortunately I won't be able to judge the SQ for a few more days as I left all my good cans at home.

Sep 8, 2007 at 2:30 PM Post #8 of 10
Alright.. got mine and have been listening it for a while

Sounds pretty good, certainly not any worse than my clix (a compliment, clix sounds excellent)

One thing i noticed though, is with my ES2 there's hardly any hissing.. unlike the loud hissing found in previous ipods

Sep 8, 2007 at 2:48 PM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by jdimitri /img/forum/go_quote.gif
One thing i noticed though, is with my ES2 there's hardly any hissing.. unlike the loud hissing found in previous ipods

Cool, so when going ampless this wil be great! Thanks for posting your findings.

Sep 8, 2007 at 3:28 PM Post #10 of 10
How fast is the GUI? On the 5.5G it sometimes is a bit slow....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back