First Tube Amp Problem. Please Help.
Dec 18, 2017 at 7:36 AM Post #16 of 16
15136005052751642296417.jpg
Thank you for the reply’s gentlemen, the tubes are in the correct position LOL. I may be new to tubes, but I’ve been into high end audio for years :) I do know the difference. The amp is working perfectly now that it has had time to burn in. I am still curious about tube rolling and where to buy them. If anyone can point me in the right direction where I won’t get ripped off I would really appreciate it. Thanks again guys :)

Thank you bcs of when taking above picture, is a time I heard again my Dv336se and so I remember some tube that I verify (for myself) is Not good as those in that pic. Then I try again them.
When I take out 6SN7GT and put 6SN7GTB in (here below pic, too old so no letter appears) I got better result than previous try.
Better mean sweeter, clear enough, very comfortable to hear, good at all range. Weak point is impact and speed and clearity ( but for my state of music, I rarely listen to this kind).
Prev try I use AK120ii so I do need detail and transparent. This time SP1000 is use so as a compensation for weak points of 6SN7GTB.
Sweet sound with 6SN7GTB is confirmed by many on Dv336se thread.
Still, impact and speed is so good for some kind of music.
You can search that thread for your ref.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back