First Time Opeth > Any Suggestions???
Aug 12, 2005 at 12:44 AM Post #16 of 21
I like'em all, even Damnation and Ghost Reveries, listening to Beneath The Mire now.

Yea, Blackwater Park and Still Life are probably the best to get feet wet in Opeth.

Aug 12, 2005 at 11:44 AM Post #17 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dusty Chalk
Skipinder: See?
DA: see, that's your linear thinking. One album must be better than another, you can't appreciate just simply different, "change of pace", etc.

I cannot forgive Akerfeldt for this tragic fall from grace, yet still I will probably plunk down some greenbacks to get new album in a couple weeks, give Opeth one more chance for redemption......
k1000smile.gif

Aug 12, 2005 at 5:00 PM Post #18 of 21
I fairly recently started listening to Opeth. The first album I bought was Blackwater Park. However, I'd recommend MAYH -- it's been my favorite so far. I also like Damnation a lot, too, but it certainly is not as heavy as their others.

Aug 14, 2005 at 2:33 AM Post #19 of 21
Damnation - was that the "soft" one they released? It's funny, 'cause while I love all their soft stuff, I really didn't like damnation. It lacked edge.

I'd recommend Still Life. You get a lot of high energy stuff, but you also get beautiful softer tracks like Face of Melinda (a personal favorite) and Benighted.

Aug 14, 2005 at 8:11 AM Post #20 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkAngel
I cannot forgive Akerfeldt for this tragic fall from grace, yet still I will probably plunk down some greenbacks to get new album in a couple weeks, give Opeth one more chance for redemption......
k1000smile.gif

Okay, you keep telling yourself that. I'll keep enjoying good music. :raspberry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back