First time buying Hi-Fi equipment - Am I doing any mistake?
Jan 17, 2014 at 12:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

AgentCw

Head-Fier
Music I listen to: Arctic Monkeys, Pixies, MGMT, The Smiths, and some old school rap like N.W.A

This is my plan:

Player: Colorfly C3  (Player budget: ~140$)
Headphones: Koss Pro Dj 100 (Phones budget: ~80$)

*** You are free to offer me other gear instad of the current player\ phones\ amp ***
**Note: I live outside of the USA, amazon is not an option for me.

(Please help me, because I have 0 knowledge and the gear I wrote is 100% from reviews I've read)

Jan 17, 2014 at 2:21 PM Post #5 of 10
Isn't it true in the headfi world like in the hifi world that speakers make much more of a difference than amplifiers on the performance and sound quality of a set up? And both way more than transports? I would add the two together and buy some better headphones at around 220$ and then in the future upgrade your player. (though you will find yourself wanting to upgrade the headphones
wink.gif
)

Jan 17, 2014 at 2:28 PM Post #6 of 10
  Isn't it true in the headfi world like in the hifi world that speakers make much more of a difference than amplifiers on the performance and sound quality of a set up? And both way more than transports? I would add the two together and buy some better headphones at around 220$ and then in the future upgrade your player. (though you will find yourself wanting to upgrade the headphones
wink.gif
)

exactly my point

Jan 17, 2014 at 2:32 PM Post #7 of 10
Isn't it true in the headfi world like in the hifi world that speakers make much more of a difference than amplifiers on the performance and sound quality of a set up? And both way more than transports? I would add the two together and buy some better headphones at around 220$ and then in the future upgrade your player. (though you will find yourself wanting to upgrade the headphones:wink: )

exactly my point
the problem is that i have limited budget and i need to buy new dap and new headphones
I dont have any dap right now accept iphone that cant play flac files

Jan 17, 2014 at 2:43 PM Post #9 of 10
the problem is that i have limited budget and i need to buy new dap and new headphones
I dont have any dap right now accept iphone that cant play flac files

Why bother with flac, if it's not a direct rip from a cd or something it wont matter. Just use your iphone, apple has ALAC (Apple Lossless Audio Codec) which is pretty much the same as flac, but smaller filesizes, and works with ipod/itunes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back