First Time Amp, Interesting Situation HALP!
Jan 29, 2011 at 1:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

akaTRENT

New Head-Fier
Hi all, I've been searching the forums for almost two weeks now, in search of a headphone amp to fit my needs and I can't seem to find a thread that doesn't confuse me.

Here is my situation, I use a ton of headphones and gaming headsets ranging from about the 100-300 dollar range, with my iPhone, Macbook Pro, and PS3 using an Astro Mixamp for dolby simulation. Most of my files are 192- 256kbps aac or mp3. (I dont hear any distortion at that level, though I am sure I would with better equipment.) So my idea is something that I can run after my mixamp, possibly, and for my iDevices as well.

All of the cans vary in ohms spl etc, so I need something versatile that could drive them all. For some reason I get how a tube, hybrid, and ss bass amp works with a paired speaker as I've been playing bass for a while but with headphones it doesnt make as much sense to me. I know that on my amps I prefer all tube, or Hybrid usually with 12AX7's in the pre. 

Anyway, I have a budget of around $200 any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks so much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back