First thoughts on the YUIN PK1 ear buds
Mar 8, 2007 at 6:11 PM Post #31 of 43
This is a stupid question, but I thought of it when Lou experimented with his PK1s by adding those slicsound tips (which BTW, is the first instance I've heard of them).

Okay, my question: Anybody take a guess if those Griffin Ear Jams would be similar to the slicsound tips? I don't have the Ear Jams, but from what I know, they snap on to the stock iBuds. Maybe they'll fit the PK1s?

BTW, the PK1 is simply the best earbud that I've ever heard, and it hold its own against some full-sized headphones that I have.

Mar 8, 2007 at 10:23 PM Post #32 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by scratchyvinyl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is a stupid question, but I thought of it when Lou experimented with his PK1s by adding those slicsound tips (which BTW, is the first instance I've heard of them).

Okay, my question: Anybody take a guess if those Griffin Ear Jams would be similar to the slicsound tips? I don't have the Ear Jams, but from what I know, they snap on to the stock iBuds. Maybe they'll fit the PK1s?

BTW, the PK1 is simply the best earbud that I've ever heard, and it hold its own against some full-sized headphones that I have.

i dont know, but the Griffin Ear Jams do sound intresting. anyone with pk2s or pk1s willing to take a try?

Mar 8, 2007 at 10:35 PM Post #33 of 43
x2... Sorry Lou / & fellas.... I promised my wife I would not spend any $$$ on headphone purchases this month
confused.gif
confused.gif
A really stupid / futile promise, I know, but I have to honor my word. I already told her my entech DAC is out for repair, so that doesn't count.
icon10.gif

Mar 8, 2007 at 10:44 PM Post #34 of 43
kramer5150
You bad boy. See all that stuff for your music plasure but what have you bought your wife. LOL. If you will PM me your full name and address I am going to SlicSound site to order more SS so I will order you a set and see if they will send them directly to you. OK

Mar 9, 2007 at 5:47 AM Post #35 of 43
After many hours I found that the SlicSound hid the hight to much. So in the trash they go. But I have these round like rubber or something circles that go on the ear buds with holes in both sides. They get a very good fit and don't fall out. I got them at rat shack for a few bucks.

Mar 9, 2007 at 6:01 AM Post #36 of 43
What are those rubber/something circles called? The foam that came with the PK2 are making my ear itch, and rubber sounds much better if they don't bother the sound at all.

Mar 9, 2007 at 6:08 AM Post #37 of 43
I got them at rat shack years ago but can't fine no info on them. They come in different colors and fit smug in the ear. Made for earbuds.

Mar 9, 2007 at 6:13 AM Post #38 of 43
Hmm, personally I like the J chords better since I find them to not tangle as much as Y chords. What was the decision on changing them.. just Kramer's own opinion?

Are you guys planning to have a better design in the future?

Mar 9, 2007 at 8:05 AM Post #39 of 43
For that price, you can buy IEMs. Unless someone here is willing to vouch that the PKs are a better deal than IEMs for that price...
biggrin.gif

Mar 9, 2007 at 9:27 AM Post #40 of 43
Would be great to own a PK1 for the novelty of it. A crappy under-dog pair of earphones that performs better than it looks. Too bad it's got the price to match the performance though.

If this is anywhere near the MS2 well then it's a bargain.

I'm still after the same "WOW" experience I got when I first listened to the KSC35s. The MS1 came close - K701 closer still... PK1 next?

Mar 9, 2007 at 1:41 PM Post #41 of 43
With a good amp the PK1 will knock tour shocks off. LOL You just might sell all your headohones. Maby. LOL

Mar 9, 2007 at 4:05 PM Post #42 of 43
Glad to hear you are enjoying your new toy.

I must admit I am intrigued, but I simply cannot talk myself into spending that much money for a pair of buds. Granted, I am sure they sound good, but I can't get past the mental hurdle of that price tag. If they were priced at around $50, I probably would give them a shot.

So I guess in my case, ignorance is bliss. Unless I can ever demo a pair to decide if the sound quality justifies the price tag, I suppose I will never know. Regardless, I seriously doubt they would sound so good to me that I would sell all my other phones. Let's not get crazy now...

Although I suppose stranger things can (and have) happened. If they sound as good or better than my K1000s, then I would easily spend $1,000 for them.

See how insane that sounds?
k1000smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back