First set of legit cans.
Feb 4, 2012 at 12:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

jon08192

New Head-Fier
So I just recently purchased a set of Hifiman RE0 headphones with a FiiO E1 amp for my on the go listening.  Having said that, I've spent the vast majority of the last few days listening to my music.  I love the newfound clarity and detail of better IEMS.

However, I'm now considering getting a pair of full size cans for real listening at home.  I'll worry about a DAC later and I'm thinking about getting a Cmoy to drive the headphones with.

Having said that, what $ amount would I have to fork up for just the cans in order to surpass the RE0's in SQ?  Model suggestions are welcome as well. 

Things to bear in mind: I listen to all kinds of music.  I like the analytical nature of the RE0's, but a little more bass (Not overwhelming) may be welcome.  Finally, I wear glasses, so if you know of a specific model that inhibits musical enjoyment when glasses are added into the mix, please exclude them.

Thanks!

Feb 4, 2012 at 1:30 PM Post #2 of 5
I've not heard the RE0, but the Fischer Audio FA-003/Brainwavz HM5 works well with a CMoyBB, has very well-defined bass (not loud, but quality), and is quite clear to my ears.

Feb 4, 2012 at 3:02 PM Post #3 of 5
the RE0's surpass my sennheiser HD-25's in clarity, so you might have to dish out some cash in order to find a set thats clearer than those detail monsters.

Feb 4, 2012 at 3:42 PM Post #4 of 5
Really.  Well that's quite a shock.  The RE0's are my first good pair of IEMs in comparison to Sony MDR EX-50's.  So it's been a good jump and I've enjoyed picking apart songs. 

How much are your HD-25's?  I've seen plenty about them on these forums.  And are there aspects of those phones that would make them worth trading that clarity for, in your opinion?

Feb 4, 2012 at 5:57 PM Post #5 of 5

Quote:
Really.  Well that's quite a shock.  The RE0's are my first good pair of IEMs in comparison to Sony MDR EX-50's.  So it's been a good jump and I've enjoyed picking apart songs. 

How much are your HD-25's?  I've seen plenty about them on these forums.  And are there aspects of those phones that would make them worth trading that clarity for, in your opinion?

The HD-25 are an awesome mix. They are pretty detailed, and yet have a fun sound signature (V-shaped IMO). I don't think you can easily match the RE-0 in terms of detail without spending a bit, and it's even harder if you want more bass. The HD-25 are a good idea. The DT880 are said to be very detailed, but not bassy (they have more bass than the RE-0s still).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back