First set of headphones under $160, which ones should I get?
Dec 19, 2012 at 9:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

seiko08

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone, long time lurker first time poster. Digging my new found affair with headphones.

I mainly sit at a desk for 8-10 hours a day and listen to either music or television shows I've seen a dozen times. I'm past the cheap $20-$30 headphones the either don't sound good or break. I recently got a set of JVC HA-S6000 as a gift and I loved those until I accidentally ripped the cord (fixed it with liquid plastic and they work sort of the same) and then I got a set of Audio Technica ATH-T200 and I really like those better.

After a few months with the T200's I was curious to see what else Audio Technica had in the $160 range. So now I'm looking at either getting the Audio Technica ATH-700 or the M50s I've been hearing a lot about. Is there a big difference between these two? Or are there others in the same price range that are better than these?

Dec 19, 2012 at 9:56 AM Post #2 of 6
M50 are bass heavy with quite sharp hghs, Shure SRH840 is a better bet

Aug 20, 2013 at 3:46 PM Post #6 of 6
*bump* curious if you'd know of a good bag to carry either set of these cans around in for traveling? My bro is getting back from Afghanistan in a few weeks and said he's giving me his pack (said it's real durable http://www.specopsbrand.com/tactical-gear/backpacks-rucksacks-tactical-bags/t-h-e-pack-3-day-assault-pack-936.html). Is a backpack like that something ideal to use? I'm not real keen on lugging my headphones around, but I have several trips coming up and I really don't want to use some cheapo's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back