First set of CIEMs. Help needed.
Mar 27, 2014 at 11:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Spec C

New Head-Fier
I am looking at getting my first set of CIEMs but am having trouble pulling the trigger on something. I got impressions done a couple days ago, and now just need to decide on something.  I would like to spend $500 or less but could see climbing to $700 if I felt I was getting a much better quality CIEM.

I have narrowed it to the following
Noble 3c
JH5
1964 V3

Right now I am heavily leaning towards the Noble.  Their customer service seems top notch. Any questions I have asked have been answered promptly. But can't seem to find much feedback on these newer revised 3c.  1964's were my second choice but after reading the "1964 appreciation" thread, and seeing a bunch of fitment issues cropping up lately I am kind of hesitant.  

Any insight is appreciated, even if I have overlooked something else.

Mar 27, 2014 at 11:45 PM Post #2 of 6
I was about to suggest the CustomArt series, but from your options you seem to be leaning towards a V-shape signature.

The Noble series are good. I just managed to audition the N3 at one of the local dealers and it is a fun sounding IEM when i got a good seal. I can only imagine the sound getting better with a perfect fit. As for the rest, i cannot comment since I have not heard them yet. 

Mar 27, 2014 at 11:53 PM Post #3 of 6
  I was about to suggest the CustomArt series, but from your options you seem to be leaning towards a V-shape signature.

The Noble series are good. I just managed to audition the N3 at one of the local dealers and it is a fun sounding IEM when i got a good seal. I can only imagine the sound getting better with a perfect fit. As for the rest, i cannot comment since I have not heard them yet. 

Thanks...

Actually the "Music Two" was what first got me thinking about CIEMs.  I just kind of switched gears with the 7wk+ backlog, plus having to deal with international shipping if they needed refit, or there was any issues.  Would much prefer to deal with a US based company in that regard.

I am having a bit of a time struggling between V shaped and something a bit more balanced(4c perhaps).  

I listen to a lot of rap/hip hop, and some rock/etc. Something "fun" is definitely a high priority.

Mar 28, 2014 at 12:06 AM Post #4 of 6
What is the current IEM that you are using now? I used to like a V-shape signature, but with time i changed to a balance signature kind of person. 

It depends on what kind of "fun" you are looking at. Some wants musicality, others prefer slightly boosted bass and treble response. 

For musicality, i will recommend the Music Two. The way these are tuned makes it pretty hard to put down. 
For bass and treble boost, it will be those that you have listed above. The Noble 3 will get my vote simply because i have not tried others. You can try posting your queries in their respective appreciation threads to get a sense before deciding.

Mar 28, 2014 at 12:19 AM Post #5 of 6
Right now I have some jvc fxt90's which I enjoy.

Have you ever heard the 4c? If so How'd those compare to the music 2?

I've tried posting in the respective appreciation threads but didn't really get any feedback. Seems both the music one and two get unanimously praised as "not wanting to put them down".

Mar 28, 2014 at 12:31 AM Post #6 of 6
Joker has got high praises for the 4S. Since I've never heard the fxt90 before, I'm relying on Joker's review of them to give suggestions. The sonic description of the fxt90 seems more in line with the 4C. I'm not implying that the music two pales in comparison, but i think the 4C will provide more of an upgrade over the fxt90. I din't manage to get a chance with the 4c since someone else was hogging them that day. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back