First set of Audiophile headphones
May 25, 2010 at 7:28 PM Post #16 of 21
from what i have/had:   grado (grab as high as you can afford starting from the 225),M50,HD595.    all those are great and efficient but sound different to one another.  you need to pick your preffered sound signature.         I like the M50 the best because they are balanced sounding to me (probably the most balanced headphone i heard to date) and they are also fun and got the bass punch i need to enjoy metal/electronica music...but i will say that they are pretty much all arounders and suit for all music genres.

May 25, 2010 at 7:41 PM Post #17 of 21
Grados, like all open headphones, leak sound. Can't put a ratio to it, people will just hear it depending on how loud you listen, where you listen, and how close they are :p

May 27, 2010 at 6:38 PM Post #21 of 21
I use my grado SR225 in a silent office with 4 other people around me and no noise except for aircons and computers.  Noone has ever even mentioned being able to overhear my music.  It's such a small amount of sound leakage unless you're listening at deafening volumes (and that's not gonna end well is it).
If i put them flat on the desk while playing at my listening volume it's only just audible in the room.  Far overpowered by the airflow of the aircons (which a new btw) and the sound of 4 running computers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back