First Real Setup - help/opinions needed
Jun 4, 2007 at 4:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Eldirial

100+ Head-Fier
Okay - here we go.

I have just found an old pair of cans of my fathers, and now I have decided I really need to put together a rig, even on my limited budget (rather limited)

Okay, headphones to be used are Shure SE310's
etysmile.gif
and a pair of Sennheiser HD 540 Reference II's
smily_headphones1.gif
. I would also like to pick up a pair of Yuin PK1's in the nearish future, but we shall see.

For sources I have a Rockboxed 1 gig nano, a 4th gen ipod (20 Gig) and other random things that don't really matter.

I am looking to get a dock for the nano/4th gen, and an amp. I was looking at ALO with the Jena Wire Cryo Dock, and the iBasso T2 amp. Would this be a good idea? I have a limit of about 200 bucks, (so not hornet, as much as I would love it) Recomendations? I can't wait tooo long on a waiting list for anything because I need this rig to make the workplace okay for the summer.

Anyways, advice would be WONDERFUL.

Thanks everybody.

Jun 4, 2007 at 7:30 PM Post #2 of 3
Another note - I would like to be able to power some cans with these, but I understand if I upgrade to something higher-end I will need a better amp. I know that this iBasso T2 is new, so I don't know much about it.

Jun 5, 2007 at 2:05 AM Post #3 of 3
Anybody? Nobody? I am open to a different amp or cable if people suggest it - just trying to get into some real music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back