First "real" home setup... in construction.
Jun 12, 2007 at 1:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

DeadlySpoon

100+ Head-Fier
Aahh, awesome.

I finially decided on what my first home setup will be... A nice pair of ATH-AD900, which I plan on ordering Friday, and an E-MU 0404USB amp/DAC/I'm not even sure what it is, I just know it'll awesomify my listening experience. I'll order the latter at the end of the month, maybe a bit later, just so I can get a feel for the AD900's before juicing them up.

I'm excited!

But...

First off, I don't know a hell of a lot about the AD900's. I love the AT sound (even though I only have some SJ5's, but they're awesome), and I've been itching to try/buy some open phones. I've also read they compare favorably to other staples of the $200-ish range, like the Senn 580 and 600... All this has pretty much convinced me they were the right 'phones for me, but I'd still like a couple of opinions on the matter.

Who has some AD900's? Love them, hate them, would reccommend something else?

As for the E-MU thing, it looks fantastic (specs-wise), it's got a USB connection (the only source I have right now is my laptop, so USB is a must), it's also around $200 which is what I'd budgeted, and I play the bass... I've been wanting to record some stuff with one of my guitar-playing buddies, so the fact that it has inputs for just that is awesome.

Anyway, I guess the real question is... For $400-ish, what do you think of my setup-to-be? Would you plan it differently?

Second part: if you had this setup, what would be the next step? What would you add to it next? What would be a nice headphone to complement the AD900??

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back