First post.
Dec 5, 2004 at 4:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

EMT

New Head-Fier
Hello,

My better half surprised me with a 4G 20gig Ipod this week and I've come back to the wonderful world of headphones. I bought a pair of Grado SR-80's about 4 years ago and enjoyed them until one of the drivers died after being abused in my bookbag. I loved the sound but held off buying another pair. Now I have a reason to replace them.

I ordered a pair of Alessandro MS-1's with bowl pads last night and picked up a pair of Koss KSC-55's today. The KSC-55's rock my world for $19.99 with their clear sound and punchy bass. They have made me a happy camper. I can't wait for the MS-1's to be dropped off. I hope I've made a good choice.
rs1smile.gif

~Matt

Dec 5, 2004 at 5:02 AM Post #2 of 12
You've made a horrible choice. You must buy THESE right now or Darth Vader from the planet Vulcan will melt your brain with the Van Halen guitar solo.
wink.gif

Dec 5, 2004 at 5:28 AM Post #4 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by EMT
Hello,

My better half surprised me with a 4G 20gig Ipod this week and I've come back to the wonderful world of headphones. I bought a pair of Grado SR-80's about 4 years ago and enjoyed them until one of the drivers died after being abused in my bookbag. I loved the sound but held off buying another pair. Now I have a reason to replace them.

I ordered a pair of Alessandro MS-1's with bowl pads last night and picked up a pair of Koss KSC-55's today. The KSC-55's rock my world for $19.99 with their clear sound and punchy bass. They have made me a happy camper. I can't wait for the MS-1's to be dropped off. I hope I've made a good choice.
rs1smile.gif

~Matt

Welcome to Head-Fi Matt
smily_headphones1.gif
I haven't heard the MS-1 but have it on good authority that they are a very nice sounding pair of phones and I'm sure you'll love them, I've heard the Grado SR-60 and they are awesome phones for the money.... my man in NY (Jahn) reckons the MS-1's are way better than the SR-60 so your ears are in for a treat :)

enjoy the music.

Mike.

Dec 5, 2004 at 5:53 AM Post #7 of 12
Welcome to Head-fi and sorry about your wallet! As Pinkie says, I started here in head-fi because my wife got me an ipod (like you) and i had a past love for listening to music - alot (like you) and I decided that I needed a nice pair of cans (MS-1, like you)

Therefore, if you stay in Head-fi, odds are you might end up like me.

Run While You Can.

Dec 5, 2004 at 5:57 AM Post #8 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
Welcome to Head-fi and sorry about your wallet! As Pinkie says, I started here in head-fi because my wife got me an ipod (like you) and i had a past love for listening to music - alot (like you) and I decided that I needed a nice pair of cans (MS-1, like you)

Therefore, if you stay in Head-fi, odds are you might end up like me.

Run While You Can.

Listen to Jahn! I tried to get away for a couple of months but now I am back looking for even more expensive equipment. It's too late now though. You'll be here FOREVER!!!!

Dec 5, 2004 at 6:00 AM Post #9 of 12
Welcome to Head-Fi! All your cash are belong to us! =P

Please, tell of your impressions of the MS-1s when they come in.

Dec 5, 2004 at 6:03 AM Post #10 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by EMT
Hello,

rs1smile.gif

~Matt

The MS-1's are a nice set of cans for the money. Speaking of money, why don't you make it easy on yourself and just take all your money and split it up for all of us. You can give to us now or later, either way we will get it.
very_evil_smiley.gif
Welcome to our Nightmare.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back