First post -SA6 or not?
Aug 13, 2008 at 6:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

T5man

New Head-Fier
Hi Guys
been lurking for a week or so, some great advice here, thanks. I think I have decided on the SA6
confused_face_2.gif
, I'm in the UK so my friend will take delivery and then ship them on from the US.
I have been changing my mind daily, having considered Shure SE 210, Westone UM2, UE Super 5 and now the SA6.
I mainly listen to smooth jazz and acoustic rock (e.g Eagles etc) and don't want to make a costly mistake. I like a tight bass not boomy, I am also looking at the Q Jays.
I would value your opinions
thanks
Steve

Aug 13, 2008 at 6:58 PM Post #2 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by T5man /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi Guys
been lurking for a week or so, some great advice here, thanks. I think I have decided on the SA6
confused_face_2.gif
, I'm in the UK so my friend will take delivery and then ship them on from the US.
I have been changing my mind daily, having considered Shure SE 210, Westone UM2, UE Super 5 and now the SA6.
I mainly listen to smooth jazz and acoustic rock (e.g Eagles etc) and don't want to make a costly mistake. I like a tight bass not boomy, I am also looking at the Q Jays.
thanks
Steve

Well, I have not owned many good IEM's, but I do have the SA6's. I love them, the bass is quite clear and crisp on them and you can change the amount bass with the bass ports, I prefer the bass+ because on some of my songs I can feel it, like you can with a good stereo system and the bass running through the floor. I really don't you would have a problem with the SA6's since you can adjust the bass on them and you can adjust the EQ settings on an mp3 player (not sure if you would using them with or not) so it really shouldn't be a problem. Hope this helps.

Aug 13, 2008 at 7:09 PM Post #3 of 10
X2, especially for your listening tastes. I prefer the olive foamies with the Sleeks, but the flanges may work, so try them before you spend any more money. On the other hand, being in the UK, you may want your friend to pick up some shure olives for you.

Aug 13, 2008 at 7:09 PM Post #4 of 10
Quote:

I'm in the UK so my friend will take delivery and then ship them on from the US.

Make sure to tell your friend to put the value of the phones at less than £36, otherwise you'll pay VAT+import duty, which will be at least £20. They can be had in the UK for £129 though, roughly the same you'd pay if you include insured delivery from USA via USPS (it'll be around $30 as I've done this) + VAT + import duty.

IMHO the effort of importing the kit isn't worth the £5 you'll save, unless you lie on the customs form...
wink_face.gif

Aug 13, 2008 at 8:03 PM Post #6 of 10
Quote:

Hi Guys
confused_face_2.gif
thanks
Steve

The SA6 is clearly better than the SE210 and nominally better than the new SuperFi5 (it's clearly better than the 5Pro). Never heard the UM2, but I'd say you'd be very pleased with the SA6, it's hard to go wrong with it.

Aug 13, 2008 at 8:45 PM Post #7 of 10
Quote:

quick responses, thanks, where are they £129 uk
thanks again
Steve

See this thread.

Aug 13, 2008 at 9:21 PM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

I've had the UE Super.fi 5 pro, the triple.fi pro, and SA6. I rank the SA6 as decidedly better than the SF5pro and conditionaly better than the triple.fi 10 pro. In other words, I can easily see why others would chose the TF10 over them depending on preferences, but nobody I would regard as sane would chose the SF5pro over them.

Even assuming I wound up with a lot more money all of a sudden, now that I have the SA6, the only thing I am tempted by is trying some different tips. I am, at least for now, quite done on the driver side of audio. SA6 are very good in my opinion and would recommend them to just about anyone.

Aug 14, 2008 at 7:32 AM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by channum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've had the UE Super.fi 5 pro, the triple.fi pro, and SA6. I rank the SA6 as decidedly better than the SF5pro and conditionaly better than the triple.fi 10 pro. In other words, I can easily see why others would chose the TF10 over them depending on preferences, but nobody I would regard as sane would chose the SF5pro over them.

Even assuming I wound up with a lot more money all of a sudden, now that I have the SA6, the only thing I am tempted by is trying some different tips. I am, at least for now, quite done on the driver side of audio. SA6 are very good in my opinion and would recommend them to just about anyone.

Finally! The reason I picked the SA6 was probably the same reason as yours. While the Triple.Fi 10 is a nice IEM, there's just something irresistible about the SA6 that makes me happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back