First post!! New Addiction
Jan 11, 2006 at 7:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Troy1x

New Head-Fier
Well hello everyone I am new to these forums. I recently got into headphones just because I like music so much. I bought a set of Shure E2Cs, and was instantly hooked, from then on.

Well my past hobby was Car Audio, I have a pretty decent system. Well after I was finally happy with that. I decided since I have about 20,000 mp3s and 1,300 DVDs which I listen and watch at night. So I decided on some headphones, well I deicded on a blind buy for some senn hd600s. I already knew the sound I wanted, I listen to mainly rock and wanted a laid back sound. After I read reivews on grado, I decided against them. Due to being in car audio so long, grado to me is like a metal dome tweeter and senn is a silk dome tweeter. Silk = Laid back and Metal = Harsh.

I recieved my Senn HD600s yesterday and I love them!! Watch Hustle and Flow lastnight and I could have sworn I didn't have my head phones on, it just felt like everything was coming from the front of me and not the sides.
Great headphones, guess I will get a amp now.
580smile.gif

-Troy

Jan 11, 2006 at 7:44 PM Post #2 of 8
Welcome to Head-Fi; Sorry about your wallet.
340smile.gif

Jan 11, 2006 at 7:47 PM Post #3 of 8
[size=xx-large]Cancel your internet service! Its the only known cure[/size]

WOW, thats BIG!!

BTW, Welcome
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 11, 2006 at 7:50 PM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by philodox
Welcome to Head-Fi; Sorry about your wallet.
340smile.gif

You've also not put in the mystical HD 600 burn-in.

Jan 11, 2006 at 7:52 PM Post #6 of 8
I just purchased some UM-1's after having E2's for ALMOST 2 YEARS (and some KSC-35's, 75's and PX-100's in between there, heh heh!).

My wife choked not only that I would actually spend $109 for new headphones, but that there was nothing wrong with my old ones!!!

THEY JUST DON'T GET IT!!!!!!!

Jan 11, 2006 at 7:53 PM Post #7 of 8
I am doing a 6 day cruise starting monday, burnin has already started.
I will have over 7 days of pure burn in. Starting it sunday, ending the following saturday, I am going to use pink noise the entire time on loop from my laptop.

-Troy

Jan 11, 2006 at 7:59 PM Post #8 of 8
Vader_5.jpg

you should check out the amp forum
very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back