First post, looking for opinions
Oct 16, 2008 at 5:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

PittViper

New Head-Fier
Hi,

This is my first post. I have been doing a lot of reading here, and it is both fascinating and confusing! I have been into sound for many years, but have never really experienced a really "good" system. I am going portable because I have realized that the kind of sound I am looking for can be held much cheaper the portable route than in the full size "home" route.

After reading, and considering my budget (~500.00), I have decided upon the following:

1. Sony D-NF340
2. Headroom Total Airhead
3. Sure SE540

It took me a LONG time to decide upon the SE540's, because there were so man in ears reviewed and discussed. I was hesitant about their price, but decided to take the plunge.

So, with the prices I found, this puts my portable system at around 500.00, a little less actually.

Will this be a "nice" sounding system, in your opinions? I don't have the opportunity to actually sample any headphones, so I am going on strictly what you all say here. The only in ear's the I have sampled are a Sony MDR I believe seriess that cost around 30.00, and a pair of Denon 551's that cost around 100.00 retail, but can be had much cheaper. I actually think the Denon's sound pretty good, but am hoping for much more from the Schures.

Any opinions? I am looking to hear from anyone with an opinion on any of these components. My full size can's are a set of Grado SR80"s which I thought many years ago were "expensive", which is a laugh now, after reviewing the available products now. I use the Grado's for portable use and for listening to the TV (movies).

Well, thanks for listening and please respond if you have time.

Thanks,

Viper

Users who are viewing this thread

Back