First post and a question : audio technica headpad replacements?
Mar 9, 2014 at 11:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Saiun

New Head-Fier
Hello all. 
atsmile.gif

It's my first post here , even though i have been actively stalking the forums for almost a year now (he he he..), mainly for product reviews.
I must confess that I'm not very tech-savvy when it comes to headphones ( I joined this forum in the hope that i might gain some insights/knowledge from the pros here :) ) , but I appreciate elegant designs and  generally take really good care of my small audio- technica  collections ...

Recently, I noticed that one of my old headphone ( ath-w1000)'s headpad is thinning / less-cushiony on the right side and it's especially obvious when i compare it to my w2002  that i wear considerably less ( ok, maybe i'm  a tad OCD ). It doesn't cause any discomfort while i'm wearing it at the moment , but who knows, maybe it might in the near future...

To keep the story short, I have been SEARCHING for headpad replacements for this model ..... and only found plethora of earpad replacements for sale instead ( yes i do search in japanese websites as well :frowning2: ). 
I'm under the impression that there're no authentic ath  headpad replacements available for sale, as such, does anyone have any suggestions as to how to replace this?

Thanks...

===========================================================================

EDIT : Nevermind. I found it :D !!  Apparently, I was using the wrong search  keyword while searching. I kept searching using "head pad" in katakana that's why nothing came out. A japanese friend notified me of a site and apparently they want to be called ウィングサポート ( wing support ) and it's a 2 in 1 piece (  gold colored head top base + cushion).  For ath-w5000, it's a 3 in 1 package consisting of sub-head top base ( the part that connects it) + head top base + cushion. They are quite cheap. 

Please close this thread, i guess.. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back