First Portable HiFi Set Up - 64 Audio Nio, Effect Audio Eros S, Fiio M11 Plus ESS
Feb 23, 2023 at 10:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

RickWilson

New Head-Fier
Hey there folks! Been lurking here for a while but finally got my first proper portable HiFi set up configured today!

I have been DIY building an extremely high end audio system in my vehicle for the past 18 months (Accuton Automotive and Focal Utopia drivers, Helix DSP, Mosconi Pro amps) and was searching to bring that level of sound with me.

I had the Fiio M11 Plus ESS previously as it is my source unit in my truck for for audio but wanted to choose some high end drivers that could match my flavor of tuning in my truck.

I had previously heard some U12Ts and obviously were blown away by them but wanted to try something a little different so I picked up the Nios and have been really, really enjoying them. Extremely smooth top end and just a wild experience when it comes to sub bass.

Added an Effect Audio Eros S Cable that helped open up the top end and staging a bit.

I am currently using the m15 module but have a FIR (-) module coming as most folks seems to say that's a nice blend between the m15 and the mx modules as I do find the mid bass is a touch bloated for my taste and can overshadow the lower mids a touch. Otherwise, these are perfect set of drivers for me and just plain sexy.

The current set up:
IMG_1264.JPEG

IMG_1263.JPEG

The abalone finish is just stunning.
IMG_1267.JPEG

IMG_1271.JPEG

At home: I run a simple Schiit Stack which really makes the come alive as well.

For anyone interested in my DIY vehicle audio build:

Full Build Log (long read): 2021 GMC Sierra - Accuton Automotive, Focal, Helix, Mosconi, Audiofrog, ResoNix
Full Photo Album (has descriptions of build in captions): Build Log Photo Album

Couple sample pics of the build log:

(1).jpg

(2).jpg

(3).jpg

zzz (1).JPEG

Nov 7, 2023 at 9:30 AM Post #2 of 2
I gotta say that Nio with m0 module FIR really made the IEMs much more tamed in subbass. Best recommendation I can make for the Nios

Users who are viewing this thread

Back