First pair of real headphones
Mar 4, 2016 at 4:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Eguardos

New Head-Fier
Im finally making the leap from cheap Sennheiser in ears to a pair of headphones that i can grab for a little north of 100 usd. Being ive never really owned full size cans how much should i be concerned about bass? My iems are considered bass heavy, but does that apply when moving into full size headphone review? Is what i percieve to be alot right now, really alot compared to what im reading about big over ear phones?

Im asking this because i was deciding between The Sennheiser Urbanite Xl and the Vmoda Lp2. The Moda seems to be what i want, but then if that may kill me with bass (coming from iem again) then i should go with the Senn. Thanks lots guys

Mar 4, 2016 at 5:29 PM Post #2 of 7
Im finally making the leap from cheap Sennheiser in ears to a pair of headphones that i can grab for a little north of 100 usd. Being ive never really owned full size cans how much should i be concerned about bass? My iems are considered bass heavy, but does that apply when moving into full size headphone review? Is what i percieve to be alot right now, really alot compared to what im reading about big over ear phones?

Im asking this because i was deciding between The Sennheiser Urbanite Xl and the Vmoda Lp2. The Moda seems to be what i want, but then if that may kill me with bass (coming from iem again) then i should go with the Senn. Thanks lots guys

I would go with the Senn over the vmoda lp2. Unfortunately a good bass heavy full sized headphone can be pricey Vmoda m100 is suppose to be amazing for bass but pricey.

You really want bass quality before quantity imo.

I just ordered http://www.amazon.com/Noontec-Audiophile-Definition-Technology-Comfortable/dp/B00VR3Q3BY?tag=duckduckgo-d-20 for my new portable set ill let you know how they are.

Mar 4, 2016 at 9:51 PM Post #4 of 7
Leaning towards more bass because i havent the experience to differentiate as much as you would (assuming it isnt not and day) I cant try either of them before buying though, so if the lp2 have only bass and everything else sucks, then my decision is made. I am kind of suspicious of the dip in the midds of the Lp2 frequency graph, also i havent heard if there is any actual rumble to get out of the Urbanite xl.

Mar 4, 2016 at 10:28 PM Post #6 of 7
The LP2 is very bass-centric, there is no doubt. You need to know that. It does have recessed midrange as well. It's not that it isn't there. It's just that it is, well, recessed. How you will react to that, I don't know. I have not heard the Urbanite, so I can't comment on it. As a rule, though, Sennheisers don't have markedly (if at all) recessed mids--midrange usually being a traditional area of strength of Senns, generally speaking. I'm sorry I can't give you more information, but I hope you now have some more info on the LP2, at least. BTW, if you could expand your budget to $200 (I know it's a lot), you can find a used m100 or a JVC HA SZ2000, both of which would be a big, big step up from the LP2. Food for thought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back