First pair of real headphones
May 1, 2010 at 8:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

SmokeyTheBear

New Head-Fier
I've been browsing the site for a few days now cause I'm finally deciding to fork over some money for some real headphones and not the total crap i buy that breaks every 2 months. I've never spent more than 40 bucks on a pair of headphones before (they're for working out. It was mostly for the design). I'm not trying to spend money on a 300 dollar set of headphones but I do understand I get what I pay for. Heres my situation

-Would like to spend under 150ish
-Roommates are fairly loud so closed headphones are a must
-Will only be used at home and maybe mowing the lawn
-Looking for bass, but not overpowering bass. Nice, accurate bass
-Listen mostly to hip hop and rock
-Will be listening through an iPod

I've viewed a few brands that I think would fit what I'm going for but theres so many choices and recommendations I figured I would get someone else's input. Right now I'd say my top choice is the Sennheiser HD-280's or the Sony V6's. Any other ones I should consider?

May 1, 2010 at 8:22 PM Post #3 of 9
Ultrasone HiFi-580

May 1, 2010 at 8:23 PM Post #4 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Doorbell /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ATH-M50. They are great. Not too much bass but just enough. I love them. Plus I can finally drown out my loud ass neighbors.

x2

May 1, 2010 at 8:32 PM Post #6 of 9
The MDR-V6 rather sucks for isolation and it's bass is not really too great either. I find it to be pretty comfortable though.

May 1, 2010 at 8:52 PM Post #7 of 9
what do you guys think of the sennheiser hd 555's? I found a pretty good deal on them online and am wondering if they'd be worth a little extra cash compared to other headphones in the price range? They're only $100

May 1, 2010 at 9:29 PM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by SmokeyTheBear /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what do you guys think of the sennheiser hd 555's? I found a pretty good deal on them online and am wondering if they'd be worth a little extra cash compared to other headphones in the price range? They're only $100

They have literally no isolation, and weak bass. But they are fine for that price, f you are looking for a balanced pair of phones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back