First Pair of Headphones
Aug 23, 2013 at 2:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

calthom

New Head-Fier
I've only ever used ear buds, but either my ear canals are weirdly small or I'm just over-sensitive but I find them incredibly uncomfortable and they never stay in. I'm looking for a portable pair of headphones to use to listen to music on my ipod and cellphone while I'm walking around outside. I would also like to use them in my school library without having the music leak out and annoy people, so closed with sound isolation would be preferable. 

I'm willing to spend up to $200 if the set is perfect and good quality, but I would prefer to spend around $100 seeing as I doubt that I'd notice the difference in sound quality between a decent pair and a really high-quality pair. I've been looking at all the Sennheiser HD400s (449, 429 etc) and they seem OK but then I keep seeing people say they're not all that great. If I had more money I'd go for the Sennheiser Momentums.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Aug 25, 2013 at 5:52 PM Post #3 of 4
V-moda M-80s. They're within your budget, sound good, are portable, on-ear, and sealed, they hardly leak any sound even when turned up to unlistenable levels. If you're not a fan of on-ears, I'd still recommend these as they have some of the best pads I've ever used, very soft pleather with memory foam, and they still breathe well.

Edit- They're also arguably the most durable headphones ever made. Mostly metal construction, removable kevlar cable, and a headband that can be flattened and twisted in loops and snap right back to it's normal shape without any damage. They're just solid headphones in general.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back