First pair of cans, relatively low budget.
Jan 25, 2010 at 12:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Ensamvarg

New Head-Fier
Howdy! I need a new set of headphones as I'm moving into a bungalow, and the family hates my music so I'm sure it'd be appreciated if I got some
tongue.gif
I usually listen to metal but I do other things like movies, tv etc. I haven't got a clue about headphones and what Hz are in terms of them so can anyone help me out? I've got a budget of £50-60, unless there is a set that's significantly better for a tad more. I looked at the list of recommended sets and the prices seem to jump from £30 to nearly £80, with no real midpoint. I'd prefer them to be closed because obviously, the sound leakage is an issue or otherwise I'd stick with speakers. The more comfortable the better as I'll probably be using them for a good few hours every night. I've had a look around and found Shure SRH240s, and Audio Technica ATH-PRO5 V. Also Denon 501s I believe they're called. Are any of those any good for what I want? TIA!

Jan 25, 2010 at 1:41 AM Post #3 of 12
The only criteria you've given is that you need something closed with no sound leakage, should play metal, are comfy, and that they need to be under 60.

I've auditioned the Pro5V, they are a decent set of cans. I remember them being quite clean, so they will definitely be good for metal. Probably not the best for it, but you work with what you have in your budget. So yeah these fit the bill.

Jan 25, 2010 at 3:40 PM Post #5 of 12
Congrats and I hope you enjoy your purchase!

Jan 29, 2010 at 11:47 PM Post #6 of 12
Oh I am, A LOT! I haven't heard many sets of headphones but these sound freakin' awesome! Highly recommended to anyone new to the scene, I got them for £36 down from £50 or so, so I definitely got a bargain. Very comfortable to wear, and sound amazing. Thanks!

Jan 30, 2010 at 2:50 AM Post #9 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ensamvarg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow that was quite quick. I went with those JVC headphones, from that linked review they sound freakin' awesome so I'm sure they'll be great. Thanks!
atsmile.gif

Now that you have them. Forget about this forum and never come back! Your wallet will thank you!
beyersmile.png

Jan 30, 2010 at 5:14 AM Post #11 of 12
So if I wanted an office pair for basically music listening off of a laptop soundcard (possible USB amp in the future) would this be better or should I stick with the AD700s? Price is close and one could argue going for that extra dough for more performance.

Sorry, more of an AVSForum guy vs. a headphone guy...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back