First Look- New Mini MP3 Players
Jan 17, 2005 at 2:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

rockit

100+ Head-Fier
In this entry, i will be posting my opinions on the looks and features of these new mp3's.

[size=large]M: Robe 100[/size]

Wow, i found out about this player coming out long before CES 2005, and i was seriously considering not purchasing my zen micro and waiting for this to come out.

Looks-The looks of this player is mostly what sold me.
The whole front of it's body is that nice (although fingerprint healthy) platicy mirror finish. It looks so smooth and contoured, you just want to eat it. Of course, i wouldn't be a fan of this player if it didnt have a marvelous touch pad- I LOVE TOUCHPADS. This touchpad is a very different one. Instead of going VERTICAL like the zen micro, it goes HORIZONTAL. This might be kinda strange, but i'm sure people would get used to it. Another thing i LOVE about the looks of this player is the colors. The black backlighted screen with glowing red text is very futuristic, which i like alot. When you touch the touchpad, it activates and lights up red. Mmmm. Black and red.... i love it, i love it. It also is extremely thin, and has a very contrasting white backside, which looks cool. This is small, sexy, sleek, and I have to say a little more "masculine" of a player.

Features-This is where this player is lacking...

Music Player with over 5GB of storage (enjoy over 1,200 songs)

Import music from audio CDs with the touch of a button to add songs to your personal music library.

Convenient and easy-to-use touch panel lets you quickly play music, view music and device settings, browse your music files by artist, album, genre, composers, or release year and more.

Connects directly to your PC via the dedicated USB high-speed 2.0 cable. Or connect it by placing it in the supplied cradle and connecting the USB cable from the cradle to your PC. m:trip software automatically launches once USB connection is established for easy online music purchasing or file transferring to/from your PC.

View the tracklists of your favorite albums or the lyrics of your favorite songs on the brightly lit display.

Music List display lets you select music tracks for playback from Favorites, Recently Played, My Top 20, Tracks with Lyrics and Unplayed Tracks categories.

Play tracks in Repeat mode or in Random order.

Adjust the volume equalizer to listen to the genre of music you selected in the manner you prefer.

External jack lets you easily connect a pair of headphones for private enjoyment of your music files.

Supplied extension cable can be used in conjunction with the supplied headphones for longer cable length, if desired.

HOLD switch prevents unintentional operation of the m:robe while carried in a pocket or bag.

Specify the date and time, select your language of choice and more with the ability to edit device settings.

Bright battery indicator keeps you up-to-date on your m:robe 100's power supply so you know when it's fully charged, low on power or needs to be recharged.

You can use the m:robe as your external hard drive for your PC.
mrobe_img07.jpg
normal_3_bottom.jpg

Will the M: Robe 100 beat out the Ipod Mini?
U70P2T1D296045F14DT20040223093331.jpg

What about the Zen Micro?
photobucketmicro1.jpg

What about the Rio Carbon?
normal_rio_carbon_4_main_02.jpg

[size=large]OTHER NEW MINI- MP3 PLAYERS-[/size]

[size=small]Iriver H10[/size]
1894670689267667.JPG

First Look: The Iriver looks really "Mature". It looks like something a business man would have... just the design and stuff. It's really cool with the color screen (although the screen looks small) and the touchpad (which was ripped off of Zen Micro), and i like how it comes in different colors. If you ask me, i prefer the dark silver, or the red.

[size=small]Zen Micro Photo[/size]
normal_creative4.jpg

First Look: The color screen is a plus, but the design actually went down a notch. There is way too many different color schemes going on on the new front of the zen micr, and they chaned the form of the front, how the touchpad material goes around the screen. It's kinda weird. Also, i hate the color scheme on the screen, the light mustard yellow and the dark blues don't work.

[size=small]Samsung YH-820[/size]
samsung_ces_03.jpg

First Look: Looks really nice, but the menu and the screen looks really cramped... although the features are a plus and so is the size and the different color choice. One thing that really annoys me is the name. Why do they have to have the name those confusing letters/numbers. Just do what apple/creative/rio does, call it a name such as the carbon, micro, or mini.

Jan 17, 2005 at 2:47 PM Post #2 of 4
Interesting looking player. Clubmac is selling them for $229. You need to call for availability. It plays WMA to 192 and MP3 to 320 both include VBR. There is a 500 which is a 20gb but at $499 is pricey. Has anyone heard the 100?

Jan 17, 2005 at 3:40 PM Post #3 of 4
Futuristic? The controls look like a game of pong...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back