First legitimate headphone sighting at my school...
Apr 28, 2005 at 1:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 36

PITTM

500+ Head-Fier
i guess i saw a kid with sennheiser hd280 pros awhile ago, but the guy 2 computers in front of me in the computer lab is wearing PX100s and has a cord going from the computer--->backpack---->px100s so im assuming there is an amp in the backpack, for once im impressed...however, once i get my portaphile tomorrow all at my school will bow before me...haha
600smile.gif

rj

Apr 28, 2005 at 1:31 AM Post #2 of 36
I've never brought my new SR-71 wth me to the computer lab at school. I wonder what kind of odd looks I would get. hehe.

Apr 28, 2005 at 2:18 AM Post #3 of 36
My headphone amp got me some weird looks whenever I used it. One kid asked me if it was an ipod!
biggrin.gif

It stays in the backpack now, needless to say.
smily_headphones1.gif

I've seen PortaPros, MX500's (more than one), SR-125's, and KSC-55's at my school. I doubt any of them had any idea what they were using (besides the Grado guy, but he was unique), but it did my heart well to see them using them.

Apr 28, 2005 at 2:26 AM Post #4 of 36
Last week I was listening to my UM2's on the bus when I saw a guy with Grado SR-60's or 80's. I wanted to complement him on purchasing some quality cans, but I could see that he was enjoying his music and I certainly didn't want to interupt that
wink.gif

Apr 28, 2005 at 2:33 AM Post #5 of 36
well i live in a pretty rich community so 100 kids at my highschool probably have ipods with crappy downloaded 128 bit music and stock earbuds and everytime i see them i almost laugh. Also since my school is rich there is about 5 people with triports and a person with QC and i want to yell at them to get some real headphones, at least the peopel with the stock earbuds didnt pay 100+ for their audio bliss but then again all the people at my school are pretty stupid so i guess they dont know anybetter. But one good thing is that there is at least one person with v6's and about 3 with 280's so i guess there is some salvation at my school.

Apr 28, 2005 at 3:27 AM Post #7 of 36
I see some people at school with midend sony DJ headphones...stock earbuds....then there's me one day wearing HD600's and having everyone look at me all weird like I'm some kind of uber nerd
600smile.gif

Apr 28, 2005 at 3:29 AM Post #8 of 36
I got a little bit geeked too when I saw someone else on campus wearing Grados (man once you know what those look like -- I only got into this hobby fairly recently -- you can't mistake em!). Of course UCLA has a student body of 30K you'd actually think more than one other guy would have 'em...haven't run into him since I put the yellow Senn pads on my SR60s, which I use for on-the-go listening.

Of course, I got my fair share of looks the one time I wore my Beyer DT880s around
icon10.gif

Apr 28, 2005 at 3:36 AM Post #10 of 36
Ive been walking around with my woodied HD600's! I dont just get glances, I get these long, drawn out glares, like they are trying to figure out if I am sending information back to my alien nation on mars. But I am going to try to get some Grados for on the go, and leave the huge wood blocks at home...
580smile.gif

Apr 28, 2005 at 3:43 AM Post #11 of 36
I chatted with this guy i saw wearing some SR-80's and told him I had a pair of 325's for home listening, he thought I was crazy for having such a high end model. Obviously not a head-fi member
icon10.gif

Maybe I should wear em in public.

Apr 28, 2005 at 3:52 AM Post #14 of 36
I never see anything nice, though I do get lots of strange looks and compliments when wearing my SR-325. If I have the amp with me, everyone feels the need to ask me about it. I suppose I like the attention.
rs1smile.gif

Apr 28, 2005 at 3:54 AM Post #15 of 36
a convo at school

me: you know, you need new earbuds with that ipod
friend: huh?
me: the earphones that ipod comes with sucks
me: oh, and you need an amp too
friend: What??? why would i need one?

everyone i've seen at school uses stock earbuds except this one person that has sony' fontopias i think

Users who are viewing this thread

Back