First ipod upgrade
Jan 7, 2013 at 11:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Spillages

Head-Fier
So, I am going to return the Vmoda M80s I bought. They sound like junk to me. Way too bassy. mids feel almost non existant. Going to take that money and put it towards possibly a portable amp so that I can drive my DT990 Pros. Would you guys recommend an amp being my first upgrade? or should I invest in some other LOD/DAC? or different headphones?

Jan 8, 2013 at 2:29 PM Post #4 of 9
The are a few portable tube headphone amplifiers sold on eBay, which I know zero about.

Jan 8, 2013 at 4:29 PM Post #5 of 9
I have had my eye on the bravo audio v3 w/eq and the project sunrise. But as the guy above mentioned, I also have no experience with them. But for $89 the bravo seems neat. Have you seen the Schiit magni, modi amp and dac? $99 each.

Jan 8, 2013 at 4:42 PM Post #6 of 9
Quote:
I have had my eye on the bravo audio v3 w/eq and the project sunrise. But as the guy above mentioned, I also have no experience with them. But for $89 the bravo seems neat. Have you seen the Schiit magni, modi amp and dac? $99 each.

I do not believe the Bravo Audio V3 is portable, as it's AC powered, not battery powered.

Jan 8, 2013 at 6:04 PM Post #8 of 9
Forget about a 'portable tube amp'.  Running tubes at the voltages required for a portable amp is pointless.

The cheap and easy solution would be to get a Fiio E11.  Drives the 250 ohm DT990s easily to skull crushing volumes and sounds very good.  That's what I use daily with mt Dt990s.

Jan 8, 2013 at 8:48 PM Post #9 of 9
Consider this as well.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/644363/c-c-bh-portable-headphone-amp-80-hours-from-a-single-charge-buyer-review

Users who are viewing this thread

Back