First impressions of iAudio M3 (modem warning)
May 27, 2004 at 6:16 AM Post #17 of 22
Oh ah...I never use the ID tag sorting, so I wouldn't know.
tongue.gif

May 27, 2004 at 7:26 AM Post #18 of 22
Ahhh, yes, i had a look at this player at JB hifi... much slimmer than my iHP in comparison! also, they were selling under a different name here... can't remember atm... Hows the battery life mate?

(oh and IMHO, the E2C are nothing to be excited about, except if you want isolation
smily_headphones1.gif
)

I'm annoyed with my iHP's finish atm, the paint around the 'hold' switch is all scratched, due in part to my longish nails :$. i guess you wouldnt have a problem with this player?

May 27, 2004 at 2:29 PM Post #19 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by PooJou
Ahhh, yes, i had a look at this player at JB hifi... much slimmer than my iHP in comparison! also, they were selling under a different name here... can't remember atm... Hows the battery life mate?

I think outside the US they're using the manufacturer's name: Cowon

May 28, 2004 at 11:36 AM Post #20 of 22
The player has been returned.

BOTH remotes stopped working, play and pause always worked but all other functions worked sporadically. Even though I don't use the remote that much it was definitely not acceptable. Not sure if it is the actual remotes or the connector on the player that is at fault but if you fiddle with the connector you get it to work again for a while.

I have asked for a refund and I'm not planning on buying a new M3. The reason is that I have heard to much about bad remotes that I think the chance of getting a new one with a bad remote is to high. The store replied that they had heard a rumour that 10 iAudio M3 units might have bad remotes and that that was the reason they hade included 2 remotes in the package. There are also lots of reports of bad remotes on iAudios forum, they seem to be of a different nature then my problem but it's still worrying.

It is still a very nice player though if the remote works. I got used to the E2c's and with some equalizer tweaking the sound was very good.

Now I don't know what to buy anymore, there doesn't seem to be a perfect HDD DAP out there
frown.gif

May 28, 2004 at 12:02 PM Post #21 of 22
Ah, hardware problems.
rolleyes.gif

Rumours of remote failure was the main reason I didn't choose to get the M3 myself for the time being (I was borrowing my friend's for review), just as I didn't get a Karma for fear of HD failure. Of course, one can get extended warranty, but it's still a hassle. In that sense, I've heard very few, if any, complaints about the iHP hardware failing...

Aug 3, 2004 at 7:20 AM Post #22 of 22
I'm am about to buy a 20gig MP3 player (probably the M3) and found the review very useful, cheers.

Just like to point out that i've done alot of research and everything ive read says the problems with the remotes have been fixed. From wot i hear it was just a problem with the early batches in europe.

Please correct me if im wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back