First impressions of headphones in general
Mar 26, 2014 at 2:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

gambler

New Head-Fier
Hi guys

My pair of Creative Aurvana Live! 2 arived this morning.

These are my first pair of headphones. Previously I just had in ear cheap headphones, and the only expencive ones I have previously heard were my freinds beats...

I exitedly opened the box and plugged them into my pc, and played some of my favourite songs.

I was highly disapointed and felt like they sounded very muddy and blunt... felt like there was no detail at all! I was quite anoyed as I felt I had wasted my money.

I kept on listening, listened to a few well recorded albems like daft punks random access memories, and then I realised that they sound AMAZING!!!

They sound so clear, sharp and ballenced (to me even though they are V shaped). All my music sounds good now, even the tracks I first played when I didnt like them lol.

I cant figure out why I felt they sounded crap in the first place... Anyone else experienced this phenomenon?

Mar 26, 2014 at 5:24 PM Post #2 of 4
Some headphones require running for awhile. For some it's only a couple of hours but for others it can be 80 - 100+ hours before they start to sound their best. I don't know what your headphones are like but the Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro's need to be run in for around 40 - 50 hours before the mids start to sound any good. On top of this it could be the fact that your ears had to first adjust to the better sound quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back