First Impressions: Etymotic ER-6i
Sep 7, 2007 at 1:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

MaZa

Headphoneus Supremus
First time I got them, I immidietly swapped to biflanges and didnt even bother with triflanges. They looked horribly uncomfy and big.

Comfort: You cant forget you have something stuffed in your ears, atleast not with biflanges. But not particularly annoying either, just itchy. Gotta try foamies later.

Fit: Very easy to get proper isolation. And they even seem to stay well. With d-Jays, im always fiddling around with the fit with standard silicon tips, they just wont stay put.

Sound: Man, absolutely great! Great balance between bass and highs! Highs extend nicely without feeling recessed. Perhaps its due to spike in highs, dunno, but its definetly not muffled feeling. Bass is all there and extended. No lean-bass IME, but then again im used to Grado bass and this is quite similarly netured. Speed is great too. So far, im very satisfied.

I have to do some comparisons to d-JAYS later.

*Edit* Quick try with triflanges. Ack, bad sound and very uncomfy. Foamies had sound similar to biflanges and much better comfort. They stay for now.

Sep 7, 2007 at 1:50 PM Post #2 of 15
Yeah, I`m also considering purchase of ER4p vs.ER6i vs.d-Jays or smth similar priced. Might get to know which better for instrumental music, without deep bass
wink.gif

Sep 7, 2007 at 2:10 PM Post #4 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by japc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you find them par with the grados for death/black metal?

Yes. Not as biting nor does it have Grado touch, but guitars are still crystal clear and aggressive, realistic sounding unlike Sennheisers. I like it very much with Death Metal. Currently listening Fear Factory - Soul Of A New Machine labum for testing.

Black metal is still untested.

Sep 7, 2007 at 2:19 PM Post #5 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by japc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you find them par with the grados for death/black metal?

Black Metal, well it works. I prefer something with large and distant soundstage, and obviously these do not produce anything like that. If you like Grados presentation of blackmetal, you will like these too.

Sep 9, 2007 at 2:41 AM Post #6 of 15
I owned the Er6is for a couple of weeks than tried the ER4Ps. For the difference in $ I thought the ER4ps much superior--cleaner mids and more bass for a more balanced sound overall

Sep 9, 2007 at 11:55 AM Post #8 of 15
yeah, i recently started using the larger double-flange tips and omg I fell in love all over again. I personally prefer them over the foamies, but that's only because I have to 15 dollars for 3 pars
frown.gif

Sep 9, 2007 at 12:46 PM Post #11 of 15
This post reminds me of when I first got my Etys. Man, I was so green then.
biggrin.gif

Sep 9, 2007 at 12:54 PM Post #13 of 15
Hehe! Boomy indeed! At first I thought the bass on mine was fine, but now I have a low-shelf filter with +5db below 200hz. They also have an extreme high-frequency emphasis to my ears. Funny how one's perceptions can change over time.
biggrin.gif

Sep 9, 2007 at 6:24 PM Post #15 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by feh1325 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the er6i put my faith back in iems
i ordered the er4p the same day

And here I called pez a evil person for making that thread about er6i and making me order one. And now Im already interested for er4p! You are a very evil person.
tongue.gif

But that really has to wait, there is one RS1 I have my eyes on...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back