First impressions and pics of my DT 770 mod
Feb 9, 2010 at 5:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

HiFi1972

100+ Head-Fier
Here's a couple of pictures of my modified DT 770 Pro 80:

Redsecta Mod DT 770 Pro 80 pictures by redsecta72_bucket - Photobucket

I added sound absorption material on the earcups (pieces of acoustic underlayment) and replaced the stock cable with a detachable mini XLR, as well as the wires going from the L cup to the R.

I've been listening to a lot of different material on these for the last week, they sound pretty damn amazing to my ears. When I originally got these, I thought the bass was a tad bit too much and I was not able to make out the upper mids out as much as I can on other sets of headphones I own. Everything now seems more balanced. I just got another pair of stock 770s and am burning them in for about a week so I can make comparisons.

Feb 9, 2010 at 6:43 PM Post #2 of 6
Wow! Looks amazing, neat cable construction btw! Jealous!

Feb 9, 2010 at 7:28 PM Post #4 of 6
Thank you! The only thing that's bothering me right now is that you can see some of the glue residue at the base of the female connector; I'm trying to find a small enough rubber washer to slip in there to hide it (used E6000 glue which bonded the plastics together).

I used Canare starquad (double wires for +/- and shield for gnd). The pictures are a little "reddish" but it's a flat sand color (looks a little orange). The stock cans are solid black & white lettering, and these I airbrushed (painting them probably took longer than everything else as I primed them, airbrushed and then put about 4 coats of Tamiya clear coat on them).

Feb 11, 2010 at 9:21 PM Post #5 of 6
Really like this mod. Just in time since I just got a pair of these last night and wanted to liven them up alittle. I'm thinking of doing a white theme with black lettering. Gonna try auto paint.

Question: How did you do the lettering? Black marker?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back