First Impression on Little Dot MK III
Nov 5, 2013 at 11:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

marshallmole

100+ Head-Fier
Hello, fresh mole here. :) Got my feet into this tube amp world just a few days and have some interesting feelings. 

I'm very amused to find that although the LD has some slight issue it pairs with my headphones well. I noticed that for the two medium gain settings there's channel imbalance, under one setting it's bent to the right and the other setting it's to the left. Oddly enough I happened to collect a pair of AKG K240Ms which were natively imbalanced towards the right. So this little problem turned out to be a lucky shot, now I use the gain setting that's bent to the left, and I hear quite balanced sound. 

I also noticed some sound difference between low and high gains. Low gain has larger sound stage but more solid-state like sound, while the highest gain is the opposite. And I find that my HD650s go well with low gain and the DT990s go well with high gain--since I always had the feeling that the sound stage of DT990s are a bit too large to make the center a little disintegrated. The treble in DT990s seem to be tamed a bit as well. But then, I'm essentially a newbie in this world and don't have golden ears, maybe what I'm getting are purely imagination and placebo. Just thought might be an interesting story for some. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back