First IEMS with a funny story
Jan 9, 2008 at 9:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

I3urtonfeind

New Head-Fier
I needed a pair of headphones quick for a flight back from vacation. fully expecting to take them back right after the flight I purchased the se210's for 160 at Best Buy Horrible price for ok at best headphones. It was my first pair of IEMS but they didnt impress me by any standards. I took the alcoholic approach to calming my air legs, and drunkenly left everything for the headphones "the carrying case, etc" behind. I didnt realize this until the next day when I went to return them . so Im ****ting my pants, I just dropped 160 on headphones that I dont like, and I dont have anything that go with them . I put them in the original package. I took them back to besty buy with receipt in hand, and they made the return with no problems. Huge relief for a stupid move on my part. Moral of the story have your firlfriend carry everything/ BEst buy pulled through for the first time in the history of customer service.

Jan 9, 2008 at 9:54 AM Post #3 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by I3urtonfeind /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I needed a pair of headphones quick for a flight back from vacation. fully expecting to take them back right after the flight I purchased the se210's for 160 at Best Buy Horrible price for ok at best headphones. It was my first pair of IEMS but they didnt impress me by any standards. I took the alcoholic approach to calming my air legs, and drunkenly left everything for the headphones "the carrying case, etc" behind. I didnt realize this until the next day when I went to return them . so Im ****ting my pants, I just dropped 160 on headphones that I dont like, and I dont have anything that go with them . I put them in the original package. I took them back to besty buy with receipt in hand, and they made the return with no problems. Huge relief for a stupid move on my part. Moral of the story have your firlfriend carry everything/ BEst buy pulled through for the first time in the history of customer service.

Translation: He bought a pair of Shure SE210s at Best Buy that were horribly overpriced, and didn't like them. So on the airplane he got drunk to calm himself instead, and when he got off the plane, he brought only the IEMs off the plane, leaving everything else behind. When he finally returned home with the decision to return the SE210 to Best Buy, the realization that he forgot all of the accessories on the plane hit him, but he still managed to return it to Best Buy for full refund. In conclusion, he thinks this was funny because he managed to get away with it.

Jan 9, 2008 at 10:06 AM Post #4 of 8
Definitely not the most ethical thing to do, but I guess if you truly didn't like the phones that offsets it slightly. Would you have kept them if you liked the sound better, or was the plan to "borrow" them from the word go?

Jan 9, 2008 at 3:13 PM Post #7 of 8
Now he is going to go into hiding after regretting starting this thread.
biggrin.gif

I did find the term "firlfriend" quite funny though.
biggrin.gif

What is a firlfriend anyway? Some kinda frilly girly thingy?
tongue.gif

Cheating = BAD !
mad.gif

Jan 9, 2008 at 4:42 PM Post #8 of 8
But I also agree with everyone's feeling that this isn't really a funny post. The upside is that Best Buy does not restock these types of returns anyway because the packaging must be destroyed to get them out. Best Buy has a 30 day money-back policy for if a product is defective or even if you just don't like them. I tried several pairs of headphones from them before I found a set I liked and kept. But I also did return all included accessories and packaging no matter how damaged.

In the long run I don't think he did any damage to BB - their business model has this type of thing built in to it. But I don't think bragging about it here was the way to go. Live and learn.

M.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back