First iem in 100 usd range need help
Feb 16, 2018 at 2:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

aakashsingh43

New Head-Fier
Hi! Friends recently i decided to get good pair of earphones. Previously i have used soundmagic e10s, razer electra but i want iem that justifies rock music. All of the iems that i have used starts piercing my ear whenever high frequency range or guitar comes in play, all things get muddy from here.
Right now i'm confused between fiio e9 not pro only e9 and 1more triple drive e1001. People say that e9 is too harsh on highs on the other side 1more is too fragile. Please help me decide. Sorry, if i had done or said any thing wrong, this is my first post here.

Feb 16, 2018 at 3:13 PM Post #2 of 9
You might also check out an RHA MA750 and see what you think. It is a bit more expensive but it may be worth it. Maybe read about it and see what you think. It might work for you.

Feb 16, 2018 at 6:07 PM Post #3 of 9
iBasso IT01 is good for the price and does not have piercing highs. (I just got a pair of these). Also I haven't tried the Fiio FH1 but based on reviews it seems like it might be a good choice.

Feb 16, 2018 at 6:12 PM Post #4 of 9
You might also check out an RHA MA750 and see what you think. It is a bit more expensive but it may be worth it. Maybe read about it and see what you think. It might work for you.
RHA MA750 is on bass heavy side i think.
iBasso IT01 is good for the price and does not have piercing highs. (I just got a pair of these). Also I haven't tried the Fiio FH1 but based on reviews it seems like it might be a good choice.
Ibasso is not available in india. Fiio fh1 is for bass head.

Feb 16, 2018 at 6:19 PM Post #5 of 9
Here are some IEMs in the $100 range that I recommend
Dunu Titan 1
Audio-Technica CKS99I
For cheaper but just as good iems I recommend Actionpie BS1- $20; Audiophile Elite $35; Etymotic MC5 $65 and if you’re really into bass, I’ve heard Pump Audio V2 is a good choice. I’ve bought a pair of those on Amazon for $50 new. Every other iem I mentioned I either currently own or formerly owned and enjoyed thoroughly.

Feb 16, 2018 at 6:23 PM Post #6 of 9
Here are some IEMs in the $100 range that I recommend
Dunu Titan 1
Audio-Technica CKS99I
For cheaper but just as good iems I recommend Actionpie BS1- $20; Audiophile Elite $35; Etymotic MC5 $65 and if you’re really into bass, I’ve heard Pump Audio V2 is a good choice. I’ve bought a pair of those on Amazon for $50 new. Every other iem I mentioned I either currently own or formerly owned and enjoyed thoroughly.
I don't like bass at all, it cause fatigue after sometime .

Feb 17, 2018 at 10:23 AM Post #8 of 9
I was about to buy fiio f9 pro then my friend suggested to buy akg k240 mkii they are cheaper than fiio f9 pro. I listen to rock, heavy metal kind of music. Which one will suit me better. And one more thing i'm not going to power them with any special source. Just smartphone.

Feb 22, 2018 at 1:26 PM Post #9 of 9
Bought f9 pro and immediately returned it. Sound quality to build quality all was complete pathetic. Treble on this earphone was so damn shrill that i can't even hear one song. Coming to build quality the cable quality was worse than my first earphone ep830. I don't know whether there were paid reviews all over the Internet or something else but they don't worth even i dollar. Thanks to amazon i got my money back now i'm going to try 1more triple.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back