First IEM around 300$
Oct 5, 2023 at 10:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Akaha

New Head-Fier
Hi all ! I'm looking for help with buying my first good iem for j-pop, j-rock (real love japanese vocal) instrumental music listening. These are the genres that I listen to mostly. I'll try to describe the sound I want to get: warm/neutral, with good bass. clean, non-screaming high frequencies. With a good soundstage, physicality. So that the sound does not seem thin and dry. I want good immersion and emotion, but in balance so that it doesn’t tire me. What can you recommend? Thank you.

Oct 5, 2023 at 11:31 AM Post #2 of 4
I've owned the Penon Serial (and many other Penons). The Serial is warm, great bass impact, but doesn't have too much top end sparkle. You can listen to it for hours and hours.

Oct 5, 2023 at 4:12 PM Post #3 of 4
I've owned the Penon Serial (and many other Penons). The Serial is warm, great bass impact, but doesn't have too much top end sparkle. You can listen to it for hours and hours.
I'm interested in this company (penon) fan 2 model looks cool. damn there are so many interesting headphones: canon 2 , hype 2, penon fan 2, bqeyz wind, tea2.. idk too hard to choose.

Oct 5, 2023 at 4:17 PM Post #4 of 4
I'm interested in this company (penon) fan 2 model looks cool. damn there are so many interesting headphones: canon 2 , hype 2, penon fan 2, bqeyz wind, tea2.. idk too hard to choose.
The Fan 2 is neutral... it doesn't have the warmth of the Serial. Still a good iem, just not to my preference.

I've owned the first Yanyin Canon, also a great iem with the tuning switches.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back