First Headphones HD595 vs SRH840
Dec 26, 2009 at 12:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Jbossner

New Head-Fier
Hey guys, due to not going with Unique Melody for my triple.fi's i had some spare cash to spend on some headphones.

So after some research I ended up with the Sennheiser HD595's. I've done some burn in on them with about 20hours, and i am really disapointed with them.

I dont think this is a matter of burn in but I just dont like the sound signiture, it just seems flat and lifeless compared to my TF10's. So i did a bit more research and i found the SRH840 which from the few reviews seems to be loved.

What's your opinion on these two headphones, do you think that the shure's would give me a more lively experience.

Also when i have the 595's connected to my Cowon S9 i get alot better SQ then from my computer with a X-fi Titanium. I would have atleast expected the same SQ as my MP3 player, is this normal?

Dec 26, 2009 at 3:17 PM Post #2 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jbossner /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey guys, due to not going with Unique Melody for my triple.fi's i had some spare cash to spend on some headphones.

So after some research I ended up with the Sennheiser HD595's. I've done some burn in on them with about 20hours, and i am really disapointed with them.

I dont think this is a matter of burn in but I just dont like the sound signiture, it just seems flat and lifeless compared to my TF10's. So i did a bit more research and i found the SRH840 which from the few reviews seems to be loved.

What's your opinion on these two headphones, do you think that the shure's would give me a more lively experience.

Also when i have the 595's connected to my Cowon S9 i get alot better SQ then from my computer with a X-fi Titanium. I would have atleast expected the same SQ as my MP3 player, is this normal?

The 840 are very dynamic and sound great on all music. I dont have the 595 but from what I have read most people who own or heard the 595 most preffered the 840

Dec 26, 2009 at 3:39 PM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jbossner /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I nearly bought them instead of my grado's SR80's today, but i changed my mind cause i read you needed a amp with them, now im glad i did

Dec 26, 2009 at 7:11 PM Post #4 of 4
the sound from 840 is way better than 595
cool01

Users who are viewing this thread

Back