First Headphone Amp Setup.... Help Please =D
Jan 25, 2008 at 6:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Killswitch

New Head-Fier
Yes, yes... As the name of the thread suggests I'm looking into expanding the sonic potential of my iPod and UE Super.fi 5 PROs... (read as I would like help choosing a first portable headphone amp).

I've been very attracted to the RSA Tomahawk and ALO's entry level iPod line out dock interconnect. Any help/suggestions would be much appreciated.

Jan 25, 2008 at 7:03 PM Post #2 of 3
I've had the super fi 5 pro... I can tell you that it doesn't improve much due to amplification as much as other IEMS, thus i think maybe spending your money on something different would make you most satisfied.

Jan 25, 2008 at 8:28 PM Post #3 of 3
Buy the Meier Headsix. ($165 US shipping included and 90 hours of battery life and it's very small.)

I have ordered this amp yesterday from Jan Meier directly. I'll use it with my Beyer DT880 / Etymotic er4p. (BTW excellent service !.)

I have seen this message from someone with the Super.fi 5 pro in the Headsix thread :

"Hello all, lurk mode off. I was not home when Canada Post dropped mine off, so I had to wait 24 hours to check it out. Well it has been running and getting sweeter every day. I have used my Sansa and IPOD with LOD (also bought from Dr. Meier) and am very impressed. I seem to be finding that my music is getting farther away from my headphones (FI5pro) and lots more detail. Hurry up and get yours before they are all gone. If you are using an IPOD I suggest getting the Qables line out dock at the same time. Well worth it, the PA2V2 is a great stepping stone, but the Headsix ....."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back