First earphones - Sennheiser or Philips??
Nov 4, 2012 at 1:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

ccubeice

New Head-Fier
Hey guys I really need some earphones for my phone, and I want them to be cheap and quality stuff. (Getting a Sansa Clip+ soon and the earphones coming with it will probably be ****.) I listen to a lot of DnB, and pretty much everything from Monstercat. I like bass, too.

So I have come down to 2: Sennheiser MX370 and Philips SHE3000/10, which one do you recommend - which is better? Both are same prices here in Estonia. Even though I think Sennheiser is really good, I am looking towards the Philips.

Sennheiser MX370:
* 18-20000Hz
* SPL 118dB

Philips SHE3000/10:
* 12-22000Hz
* SPL 103dB

Just that you could know, my budget is 13€ and both of those are 11€.

Thanks for all of your answers!

EDIT: Would consider AKG K309, K313 as well.

Nov 4, 2012 at 2:32 PM Post #2 of 10
I haven't tried the MX370 but I do own the MX270 and MX580. Both earphones are clear and produce enough of the lower frequencies, but they are not bassy headphones by any means. If you want lots of bass, these may not be for you. The MX471 would be a better option, but obviously more costly.

This is the first time I've heard of those Philips so I can't comment on those.

Nov 4, 2012 at 3:36 PM Post #3 of 10
I haven't tried the MX370 but I do own the MX270 and MX580. Both earphones are clear and produce enough of the lower frequencies, but they are not bassy headphones by any means. If you want lots of bass, these may not be for you. The MX471 would be a better option, but obviously more costly.
This is the first time I've heard of those Philips so I can't comment on those.

Looking by the details shows that it should be better. The frequency. AKG K309 and 313 seem pretty good at this price cap. Are MX270 and MX580 similar to the MX380?? Maybe the Philips is a new product.

Nov 4, 2012 at 3:41 PM Post #4 of 10
The specs actually won't tell you which is better. Each company has its own "standards" for coming up with those numbers, so they're largely unreliable. The only way you'd know for sure is if you try them both and compare.

The MX270 and MX580 are pretty similar, so the possiblilty is there, but again I haven't tried the MX370 to know for sure.

Don't know about those AKGs; perhaps you can consult ClieOS' review for information on those.

Nov 4, 2012 at 4:12 PM Post #5 of 10
I guess I'm gonna go with the Sennheisers then. It should come with a pouch and some nice stuff. When I googled the Philips, it seems like noone has never even used those. I just hope this money is gonna be well-spent.

ClioOS' review didnt have those AKG's, not to mention the Philips.

Nov 5, 2012 at 12:12 PM Post #7 of 10
Went to the mall, the store didn't have the Sennheiser's, looked at the Philips (huge letters 'bass sound' on the package) and AKG, I thought about one of them buying them but nah, I decided for the Sennheisers and I will order them on their internet store. I find it nice that the Sennheiser comes with a pouch and foam ear pads. I could probably put my mp3-player in the pouch. Does anyone know if the ear pads make a difference to the sound??

Nov 6, 2012 at 2:22 PM Post #9 of 10
Thinking more about when my Sennheiser's are arriving, maybe I won't be happy with these types of earphones. Maybe canalphones are better (in both sq and noise reduction). The e-store I bought these from have a 30 days money back, if someone is unhappy with their product. Also there might be a problem that my ear is too big / small for these. The phones that go in the ear canal should fit everyone (they have different sized tips). You can't change the size of earbuds. I have no idea if I will be happy with these or not. I just hope street noise (cars and stuff like that) won't come too much through these. Since these are cheap the sound quality and overall comfort might be crap, can't be sure though because I haven't gotten / used them yet. I am gonna look a bit around for some other phones if I don't like these.

EDIT: Actually I am gonna keep this earphones anyway, and then start collecting some money for another pair if I am not happy with these.

Double EDIT: Probably Ultimate Ears 100 then for my birthday, its pretty damn pricy here with 26€. More like Denon AH-C360, perfect birthday gift for myself. :) A bit pricy tho, 42.50€, probably definetely worth it.

Triple EDIT: Maybe not those, but something else, I have to look into it.

Quadruple EDIT: Edited my edit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back