First dive into high end headphones
Oct 29, 2014 at 2:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Jonm1911

New Head-Fier
I'm finally taking the plunge into the high end headphone market, well high end to me anyways. Most of my experience comes from gaming headsets. I've been doing a lot of research, but as with any new hobby, there's just so much information its a bit overwhelming. A bit about my setup, I have a custom built desktop that I do some gaming on as well as music and movies that I run to a TV. My plan, is to run a desktop DAC/AMP to drive whatever headphones I get. Right now, I'm more concerned about the headphones and from there I can find what I need to drive them. My taste in music is pretty wide ranging, country, rock, hip hop (occasionally), celtic/instrumental, club, EDM, etc, etc. I do like deep bass, but not so much that it distorts the quality of the everything else. Price wise, I'd like to keep it around $350-400. I've been looking at the Sennheiser HD650, but would like to see what else is out there that compares along with personal experience. Just hoping to get some more ideas from the experts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back