First decent pair of phones...
Jun 10, 2009 at 2:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Ariesvexic

New Head-Fier
Having never used anything better than a pair of JVC marshmallows, you guys think I would be happy with Yuin OK1s and a FiiO E5 headphone amp? That's basically it for budget, but I listen to quite a bit of death and black metal and some pretty mellow post-rock.

edit: Source would mainly be ipod touch 1g, if that means anything. All of my files are lossless, ripped from my own CDs.

Jun 10, 2009 at 7:10 PM Post #2 of 3
Haven't heard the OK1s, but aren't they a touch on the precise side for your music tastes? Don't get me wrong, you may enjoy critical listening to the music...if so, more power to you...but you might want something with a little more "fun" factor from a sound perspective.

EDIT - I should point out that my judgment on the OK1s is purely based on what I remember reading about them so far. :p

Jun 10, 2009 at 11:41 PM Post #3 of 3
i can't comment on the OK1s, but i do have the OK3s and Marshmallows (as well as an E5), and listen to quite a bit of death metal, and some post-rock as well. The OK3s are great! They definitely don't have the bass of the Marshmallows, but the mids are much more prominent, and there's just a lot more clarity. Plus, the bass boost on the E5 narrows the gap with the bass, without making things boomy. i can only imagine the OK1 would even better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back