First DAP: Fiio X1 or Xduoo X3
Dec 15, 2015 at 3:29 AM Post #16 of 24
  Using an external amp with the Fiio X1 seeems totally unnecessary, unless you are using 600 ohm headphones. I find that even just the Fiio X1 is annoying to carry , especially in a shirt pocket. My Fiio X1 stays home. I use a much smaller and lighter player(the Sandisk Clip+) portably. 

As I said, I know that the X1 has enough power, but I like the idea of experimenting with amps to see the change in sound. The good thing is that I can take out the amp when I need it to be truly portable or I can stack it when size and weight is not an issue, plus having more battery.

Dec 26, 2015 at 7:40 PM Post #17 of 24
I just read recently in the xduoo x3 thread that it has a 0.83 pitch error, and plays too slow at around 30 seconds per hour slower than it should play. This results in a 1,000 hz tome for example playing at around 990 hz. I guess this might be fixable, or at least reducible with future firmware updates. 

Feb 11, 2016 at 1:29 PM Post #18 of 24
I have used both the players and an older FiiO X3 (Gen 1). To me, Xduoo X3 sounded the best. Wider soundstage, better imaging and very easy to listen over hours. X3 on contrast, had an emphasis on midbass(which is good for percussion). Comparing to FiiO X1, Xduoo sounds better anyway. Though the button layout of Xduoo is weird, its easy to control the player without taking it out of the pocket as the buttons are shaped and sized differently. If I were to chose FiiO x1 over Xduoo X3, that would only be for the better looks and a better battery(which is not much of a deal, as I normally leave it to charge when I am at home, and the charging time is quite fast). Since you have got the X1, good luck on amping. I tried amping all three players with a FiiO e12, and again Xduoo stood out on soundquality department. Amping makes the setup non portable though! 

Feb 22, 2016 at 6:45 AM Post #19 of 24
You made a good choice.  An amp will extend the battery life.  You could easily get 15+ hours out of the X1 when paired with an amp.  Plus, the line out on the X1 sounds excellent IMO.  The X1 pairs well with the Topping NX1 amp.  It really opens up the sound stage with open back headphones (like the HD558).  I think you'll enjoy it.

I´ll stay for a while with just the X1 and then I´ll consider the amp. Thanks for the recommendation on the Q1, I´ll keep it in mind

Using an external amp with the Fiio X1 seeems totally unnecessary, unless you are using 600 ohm headphones. I find that even just the Fiio X1 is annoying to carry , especially in a shirt pocket. My Fiio X1 stays home. I use a much smaller and lighter player(the Sandisk Clip+) portably. 

I have used both the players and an older FiiO X3 (Gen 1). To me, Xduoo X3 sounded the best. Wider soundstage, better imaging and very easy to listen over hours. X3 on contrast, had an emphasis on midbass(which is good for percussion). Comparing to FiiO X1, Xduoo sounds better anyway. Though the button layout of Xduoo is weird, its easy to control the player without taking it out of the pocket as the buttons are shaped and sized differently. If I were to chose FiiO x1 over Xduoo X3, that would only be for the better looks and a better battery(which is not much of a deal, as I normally leave it to charge when I am at home, and the charging time is quite fast). Since you have got the X1, good luck on amping. I tried amping all three players with a FiiO e12, and again Xduoo stood out on soundquality department. Amping makes the setup non portable though! 

I was planning to get an amp for my X1 and to quote "As I said, I know that the X1 has enough power, but I like the idea of experimenting with amps to see the change in sound." That was my idea too.
But then, I read your posts. I was torn between E11k, Bluebird U3.6 and Topping NX1. Now, I'm torn into more pieces.

:frowning2: :)

Feb 22, 2016 at 12:29 PM Post #20 of 24

I know what you mean. I've using the X1 for a couple of months, an even thought I love it I´d like to try a lot of things.

However for the moment I´m going to pull the trigger on a portable amp, at some point I´ll get a desktop setup (I´m considering HD600/Fidelio X2/HE-400s + Schiit stack 2) so I´m saving the money.

But for what I´ve been reading so long, I´d go for the E11k. The NX1 doesn't seem to do a lot to the SQ if you´re using the X1, and I´d like to get a better DAC for the laptop than the one in the Q1. It also depends on the headphones that you have, my ATH-M40x works just fine without an amp as mentioned before.

In the end you just have to choose where you want to put your money, but there´re sooo many temptations... 
dt880smile.png

Feb 23, 2016 at 1:41 AM Post #21 of 24
TEMPTATIONS are real. (All caps for being intense. lol)

I haven't read any comparative article about Bluebird U3.6 against rivals (like E11k, NX1).

So I am torn between those, though E11k wins by close against NX1.

I'm only planning for one headphone. Shortlist? Superlux 668B, Superlux HD 681 EVO, Takstar PRO80.

Apr 12, 2016 at 4:46 AM Post #22 of 24
Hello everyone, i come from Vietnam, neighbour country with China.

In my country you can find a Chinese DAP easily, that's why I had a chance to test most of Fiio and Xduoo model include Fiio X1 and Xduoo X3. IMO, Xduoo X3 beat Fiio X1 completely in SQ. It has larger soundstage, lightly sound with naturally mid and stronger bass. The only advantage X1 has is slightly better battery life and colour screen. Build quality is tie.

If you focus on SQ than fashion, Xduoo X3 will be a good deal. Sound quality of Xduoo X3 can comparable with Fiio X3K with a half-price, it even slightly better than Fiio X3 1st gen.

P/S 1: About price, their price in my country is nearly equal, 115$ with Fiio X1 and 120$ with Xduoo X3 through official distributor. 
P/S 2: If you can order Xduoo X3 from taobao, you will get a big prize. One of my friend who suggest me to try Xduoo X3 ordered it from taobao and he got a bonus with 32GB SD card and 6 DVDs of Hi-Fi music, all of them are 24bit/192KHz 
beerchug.gif

Apr 21, 2016 at 11:19 PM Post #23 of 24
  Hello everyone, i come from Vietnam, neighbour country with China.

P/S 1: About price, their price in my country is nearly equal, 115$ with Fiio X1 and 120$ with Xduoo X3 through official distributor. 
P/S 2: If you can order Xduoo X3 from taobao, you will get a big prize. One of my friend who suggest me to try Xduoo X3 ordered it from taobao and he got a bonus with 32GB SD card and 6 DVDs of Hi-Fi music, all of them are 24bit/192KHz 
beerchug.gif

hi, i'm vietnamese too :D
can u tell me what company is official distributor of Xduoo X3 in Viet Nam?
Or where can i buy X3 in Hà Nội, is it truthful?

Apr 23, 2016 at 3:23 AM Post #24 of 24
  hi, i'm vietnamese too :D
can u tell me what company is official distributor of Xduoo X3 in Viet Nam?
Or where can i buy X3 in Hà Nội, is it truthful?

I don't talk about it on my review in there: https://vozforums.com/showthread.php?t=4878801   because i dont want to be called as a seeder :D
You can buy it at SLaudio, their website is here: http://taingheviet.com/ its price is about 2,6 mil VND. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back