First Cowon experience could have been better
Jul 6, 2009 at 11:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

I)enial

New Head-Fier
I've been looking to replace my Zune for a while now. I had heard so many good things about the SQ of the D2 that I decided to take a chance. Now, personally, I usually prefer to deal with brick and mortar stores. More expensive at times, I realize, but returns are so much quicker and easier.

The D2 arrived today and the shipping box was crushed. The box containing the device itself was also crushed resulting in a crack running the length of the screen.

Now, I understand that all this could be dropped, if you'll forgive the expression, at the feet of UPS. Things happen getting from there to here. However, when I removed the software CD from it's sleeve, I saw the the disc had been scratched beyond use. Also, included in the box along with my various instruction manuals were a nicely wrapped pair of replacement E-Rings that go to a Gearcase Replacement Kit for the undercarriage of a lawn mower.
rolleyes.gif

I'm just waiting for the joke! Is this all part of Microsoft's new campaign? Keep the customers at any cost?
biggrin.gif

Jul 7, 2009 at 3:42 AM Post #4 of 15
Even if this happened at Cowon's location, it's unfortunate and hopefully not very common.

If you ordered from a retailer like Newegg, their exchange policy is excellent and it shouldn't cost you a dime. It just costs time, of course. If you used JetMall, I'm not sure it their RMA policy is as painless.

Good luck, and I hope you can get a replacement soon.

Jul 7, 2009 at 4:06 PM Post #5 of 15
I bought it from JetAudio through Amazon.

I've already sent them enough pictures to prove my case but they're wanting to file a claim with UPS . . . which is understandable enough. It just means more time. I've got a business trip to Germany coming up and I was hoping to have it with me.
frown.gif

Meanwhile, I don't know what to do about Amazon. What kind of review do I leave? I've heard about customers getting screwed over in cases like this. UPS says that the shipper didn't wrap the package well enough. The shipper says that UPS should have taken better care. I'm sure I could force the issue but I don't want to make things complicated and yet I don't want to wait too long. Is there a time frame with Amazon for filing a complaint?

Jul 7, 2009 at 4:11 PM Post #6 of 15
If the box was crushed I'm not really sure what else UPS expects Cowon could have done. I'm pretty sure UPS just sucks and doesn't want to take responsibility for their lazy staff members.

Jul 7, 2009 at 4:26 PM Post #7 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by I)enial /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I bought it from JetAudio through Amazon.

I've already sent them enough pictures to prove my case but they're wanting to file a claim with UPS . . . which is understandable enough. It just means more time. I've got a business trip to Germany coming up and I was hoping to have it with me.
frown.gif

Meanwhile, I don't know what to do about Amazon. What kind of review do I leave? I've heard about customers getting screwed over in cases like this. UPS says that the shipper didn't wrap the package well enough. The shipper says that UPS should have taken better care. I'm sure I could force the issue but I don't want to make things complicated and yet I don't want to wait too long. Is there a time frame with Amazon for filing a complaint?

Tell Jetmall that you need a resolution. See what that response is first. They will either tell you to wait becuase it takes time, or they will be amazing and speed it up for you.

As for Amazon, leave no comment yet.

And more importantly when you file a complaint, do not just leave a complaint with Amazon. There is really only one entity involved here that has you best interest in mind (mainly becuase it is their best interest, too, but who really cares why), and that is your credit card company. They are notoriously good with giving you money back (at least Visa is in my experience), and then they go argue on your behalf. IF there is no sign of a resolution in a week or two, get your CC involved.

-Nkk

Jul 7, 2009 at 7:54 PM Post #8 of 15
x2 with what nkk wrote. Probably the biggest problem will be that you'll be out of the country soon, so whatever you can do now is critical.

The item was broken in shipment, so this should not cost you a dime. If they give you any flack, get your CC company involved.

Jul 7, 2009 at 10:49 PM Post #9 of 15
I've been in contact with JetAudio & UPS. JetAudio said that they filed a claim with UPS. I filed my claim yesterday as there's only a 48hr window with UPS.

The real drag right now is UPS. Within the next three days, who know which, a driver will be coming by, no knowing when except between the hours of 8AM til 7PM, to pick up the package. Hell, I could drop the thing off at one of their local offices and not need to rearrange my life for this.
frown.gif

I still haven't been able to get a straight answer yet as to how this will be resolved. This is a first for me. Will UPS refund me for the cost of the D2? Will I have to go through the ordering process all over again? I'm not even sure if I can get it for the same price.

And just because this thread is pointless without pics.

Jul 7, 2009 at 11:53 PM Post #10 of 15
Holy ****. That box is absolutely mangled (and the poor D2). Best of luck getting it resolved quickly.

Jul 8, 2009 at 12:09 AM Post #11 of 15
oh god, I just ordered my d2+ from that exact same place... now I'm scared...

(the one in my siggy is my friend's that they're letting me use because they hate it.)

Jul 8, 2009 at 7:16 AM Post #12 of 15
Nah, don't be scared. JetAudio has been fairly cool about the whole thing. Of course, that's understandable considering they're expecting UPS to pay for the entire nightmare.

I just hope it all plays out that smoothly. They're coming for the thing tomorrow. I, somehow, managed to get everything back inside the way it was. Here's hoping it doesn't take them too long to reach a decision. What has me concerned now is UPS telling me that if I want to know how the claim is proceeding I shouldn't contact them. I can only contact JetAudio.
confused.gif

Here's hoping you live closer to Cali than I do. Maybe then UPS won't have the chance to screw you like they did me.

Jul 8, 2009 at 1:05 PM Post #14 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by I)enial /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nah, don't be scared. JetAudio has been fairly cool about the whole thing. Of course, that's understandable considering they're expecting UPS to pay for the entire nightmare.

I just hope it all plays out that smoothly. They're coming for the thing tomorrow. I, somehow, managed to get everything back inside the way it was. Here's hoping it doesn't take them too long to reach a decision. What has me concerned now is UPS telling me that if I want to know how the claim is proceeding I shouldn't contact them. I can only contact JetAudio.
confused.gif

Here's hoping you live closer to Cali than I do. Maybe then UPS won't have the chance to screw you like they did me.

Iowa.

darn.

Jul 9, 2009 at 4:30 PM Post #15 of 15
WoW that was bad from looking at the pics. Thank god it's been taken care of.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back