First CIEM Purchase
Jan 21, 2020 at 7:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Dn2292

New Head-Fier
I have been using Shure 425’s with Sensaphonics custom sleeves and I have Beyer’s 770 M as a starting point into this world of awesomeness.

I tore one sleeve so I know my uses are limited with that IEM. If you were to suggest or buy a CIEM for $500-$650 or there abouts......and be happy with that one set, what would it be?

I would be running off iOS and would be listening to high quality opera, jazz and classic rock mainly. One day will get a dedicated device :)

I do not prefer thumping bass and prefer tight crisp high notes.

Now I know many of you have a plethora of headsets and that’s fine and dandy but I only need one CIEM for my needs. Will in fact sell the Beyer’s & 425’s to finance the purchase.(at later date if end up with another over-ear than that would be great for some variety but I’m just truly a simple guy).

thank you in advance and I apologize if because of my ignorance I omitted info from this post accidentally.

Jan 21, 2020 at 7:54 AM Post #2 of 4
Jan 21, 2020 at 2:02 PM Post #3 of 4
The only reason I am thinking going full custom is because I don’t want to go through another set of sleeves in a few years again. I love the way the 425’s sound and would stay with Shure, go with the 535 or even wait and save up for an 846’s but can’t justify the sleeves every few years.

The isolation is important to me, in daily living let’s just say, so figure might as well go custom.

Jan 23, 2020 at 12:58 AM Post #4 of 4
Regarding comfort the only experience I have is with the silicone sleeves....is the acrylic shell as comfortable as the silicone is? Or at least comparable?

Also I enjoy how my 425’s sound....seems real world? Anyways if I went with the Alclair reference (triple driver) would this be a step up in performance? Seems like it would but my ignorance dictates that I must ask these questions:astonished:

Thank you one and all for helping guide me in my decision process.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back