First build(european)
Jun 29, 2008 at 3:45 PM Post #46 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hellesøe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
proberly also why the first is the most exspensive :p

If I calculated how much I've spent on stuff I never used, I would shoot myself.

Jun 29, 2008 at 5:08 PM Post #47 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrMajestic2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If I calculated how much I've spent on stuff I never used, I would shoot myself.

HAHA xP

btw. just curius what USB DAC are you guys running ? kinda wanna hear what people thinks a good one
smily_headphones1.gif
i proberly start off with an alien or opus/buffalo

Jun 29, 2008 at 7:35 PM Post #48 of 53
just read about the scott nixon usbtd dac sounds like an amazing amp... might be worth a look and seems like i could use it for quite a while
smily_headphones1.gif

but would probarly install a toloroid transformer + the S22 inside(shielded ofc) instead of powering it with an transformer on the outside... hmm... damn why is there so many choices :p now i just found my amp(maybe debating between CKKIII and millet max hybrid) and then this pops up :p damn :p

Jun 29, 2008 at 11:46 PM Post #49 of 53
FWIW,

In every build I've done so far its been far far cheaper to order from mouser, even with shipping to Europe. Its well worth your while checking it out.

The other amp maybe to look at is the Aikido 24V headphone amp. Have a look at tubecad.com. Really really good sound for about US$250 in parts, boards and tubes. It will run very nicely from a 24V toroid with a tread PS from tangentsoft.net. All very reasonable.

Fran

Jul 1, 2008 at 5:43 AM Post #51 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hellesøe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
just read almost every thread through where the akg k 701 appeared :p seems like most people say that the millet mac hybrid vs. SOHA II vs. Bijou All tube

just need to bilt em then :p

I'm not sure looking for threads about the particular 'phones is a good method, really, I'm not sure what it tells you.
confused.gif

Personally I'd be looking at the technical details of each amp wrt the 'phones.
wink.gif

If it's a valve (sorry, 'tube' on here) thing, you need to try both valve and Solid State, 'cos valves aren't to everyone's taste.

//rant on// There's far too many jump on the bandwagon on here and just follow the crowds ........
....that's why amps like the CKKIII, M3 and probably others often get overlooked, when they
would see most of the others off quite easily. //rant off//

Jul 1, 2008 at 9:00 AM Post #53 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by rds /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Repeat after me: "Darkvoice, Woo Audio, Little dot"

repeat after me:

Sorry about your wallet :p

well i might build both a CKKIII and one of the amps listed over to see the difference
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back