First audiophile headphones?
Dec 15, 2013 at 11:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

SennheiserUSA

New Head-Fier
     Hey guys, so this is my first post on head-fi and towards the end of the this week i will be receiving my first pair of audiophile-grade headphones. Right now I own Beats by Dre Pros, Bose OE2 and Skullcandy Crusher. This week I'm getting a new pair of Sennheiser HD 598's. I don't know what to expect other than the best, can you help me? BTW, these will not be amplified, they will be running off of my iPhone until i can afford a desktop amp, but these headphones are only 50ohm anyways so i guess an amp is necessarily needed. One more thing lol, I've never heard a pair of open-back headphones so i REALLY don't know what to expect!! WAIT! ONE MORE THING: I will at some point add the mod mic to these so i can use them for gaming.

Dec 18, 2013 at 2:13 AM Post #5 of 10
  They are similar to the HD598, but about half the cost.  This is why I mentioned them.

yayyy... hustling that performance:price ratio. 
cool.gif

Dec 21, 2013 at 11:18 AM Post #7 of 10
Hey guys. I got my 598<3. I really love these headphones there a huge jump in sound quality over my other kinds of headphones. Ive hears these require quite the burn in time so ill post back in a couple of weeks. Have a good xmas.

Dec 23, 2013 at 11:05 AM Post #10 of 10
You can expect a lot of background noise.. and quite possibly a lust for something even greater even though you are fully satisfied with what you have haha

Good headphone, try and get a good PC DAC/Amp for gaming.  Onboard PC audio sound really bad, unless your system has a flagship motherboard that is
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back