First Amp
Apr 18, 2010 at 8:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

DuffyDidIt

New Head-Fier
Hey guys, just joined, been reading around the site for a few days now and there is a lot of info haha. I'm looking to get a better setup for listening to music at night and play games on and plan on buying a pair of Sennheiser 280s in a few days to replace my crap Sonys. I'm going to school and funds are tight so I'm just going low end for now and will eventually work my way up to better equipment. I want to build my own pocket amp because they are cheap and it will be good learning experience. Eventually I want to build a tube for my phones and speakers but thats down the line. What would you guys recommend, it seems the CMoy amp tutorial has all the info I need to do it but if there are better versions for same price I would appreciate it if you could tell me. Also what do you think about the 280s being my first pair of nicer cans? I listen to a lot of raggae and rap will the 280s with an amp work nicely? Any info would be great, thanks in advance guys.

Apr 18, 2010 at 8:41 PM Post #2 of 4
From my experience, Senn 280 worked great without amp for me. Sound quality was great for $99 headphone. I sold to my friend because he liked it more than me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back