Firmware
Feb 25, 2015 at 12:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Healeyman

New Head-Fier
I was playing around with my AK100 MK2 and downgraded it's firmware to 2.30 and reset all the options again.  I must say 2.40 is much more stable.  As a matter of fact since it came out I have only had a couple issues which could have been written off as to much finger pok'n on my part.  So why did I downgrade, I wanted to have a look at the way 2.30 looked at the Apple Lossless bitrate display.  It's screwed on 2.40 but I can live with that.  The stability benefits of 2.40 out way a incorrect bitrate display.  I read about 2.41 being used somewhere and wondered if anyone knew more about it.  I didn't think they were going to release anymore firmware for the AK100 MK2.

Feb 25, 2015 at 7:54 AM Post #2 of 2
  I was playing around with my AK100 MK2 and downgraded it's firmware to 2.30 and reset all the options again.  I must say 2.40 is much more stable.  As a matter of fact since it came out I have only had a couple issues which could have been written off as to much finger pok'n on my part.  So why did I downgrade, I wanted to have a look at the way 2.30 looked at the Apple Lossless bitrate display.  It's screwed on 2.40 but I can live with that.  The stability benefits of 2.40 out way a incorrect bitrate display.  I read about 2.41 being used somewhere and wondered if anyone knew more about it.  I didn't think they were going to release anymore firmware for the AK100 MK2.

Why not? They still sell the AK100 Mk2...

My AK100 Mk2 Sapphire Blue Special Edition has 2.41. I asked iriver/AK if that's a firmware that will be released for the normal AK100 Mk2 (and Mk1) as well. And they responded with: If there is a new version you will be informed via Facebook, Twitter and on our website. Currently the actual version is 2.40 - so a pretty standard answer on a question I didn't ask. But hey, at least I got an answer. Only took me 4 weeks and a lot of patience.

Photos of my AK100 Mk2 and the FW here: post #64

Edit: release date: http://www.iriver.jp/information/entry_781.php ---- 26th December 2014

Users who are viewing this thread

Back