Firewire or USB tips/ends/connectors
Dec 27, 2003 at 12:47 AM Post #3 of 6
Sorry, may not have been clear.

I need cable ends. Male Firewire and USB ends. I cant seem to find those on mouser or digikey. Sorry if they are there and I have missed them.

Thanks for your help Wodgy.

Milo

Dec 27, 2003 at 1:36 AM Post #4 of 6
Do a search for "USB plug" and look for ones that say "cable mount" rather than "PCB mount" or "panel mount".

For instance, DigiKey part 925K-ND is one such item. (In fact, they have exactly one 925K-ND left in stock, and otherwise it's a non-stock item. If you want that specific item, hurry!)

Dec 27, 2003 at 1:57 AM Post #5 of 6
Thanks.

Ha, thats quite funny. Why would you ever need one plug? Well if you were building a Keyboard light what else! Thanks again Wodgy.

Dec 27, 2003 at 4:02 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally posted by A3rd.Zero
Thanks.

Ha, thats quite funny. Why would you ever need one plug? Well if you were building a Keyboard light what else! Thanks again Wodgy.

Well, I can think of a case where a male FireWire cable-mount connector would be handy. Say I'm building a PPA (or any other amp using a battery board like the PPA one). Then, say I've got an iPod. Now, I could tie the battery board into a cable which fed to a male FireWire port. Then, I could either plug into a 1st/2nd generation iPod directly, or use the PocketDock connector for the current incarnation of the iPod.

Then, voila, I can keep my iPod and my amp all juiced up for a long day away from AC power (at least, if I build my PIMETA to not suck too much power down). The Firewire spec calls for something like 9-24 VDC across the power pins, so most PPA battery board configurations should be able to hack it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back