Firestone Spitfire owners
Jan 27, 2006 at 9:48 PM Post #16 of 27
You can email them and ask for your EMS tracking number, which you can use at USPS.com to track your package. My order took 4 days to arrive.

Jan 30, 2006 at 7:31 PM Post #18 of 27
When funds allow I'll be buying a SI Super T-amp for use with a Stax Transformer and I have my Spitfire now so I'll find out one day. Don't know how long away that one day might be though as my sorry-ass wallet is now empty, aside from a few moth's that took up residence once the money was vacated
icon10.gif

Jan 30, 2006 at 8:32 PM Post #20 of 27
Yes, provided that a) you don't want it too loud or b) you have very efficient speakers if you use the little Sonic Impact amps as they are very low powered at about 5-8 watts.

You can get more powerful Tripath amps or even make up your own from Tripath Evaluation boards but then you're heading into different territory in both price and awkwardness unless you're that way inclined. I built a 2020 amp and it works well but it does involve a bit of DIY. The little SI amps are great though, well worth the cash.

Feb 1, 2006 at 7:07 PM Post #21 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by smeggy
All is good, recieved a mail and sent payment... now just gotta wait. This is fun
icon10.gif

hi smeggy, how long did it take for them to send you the email? i ordered this past weekend but haven't heard anything since. thanks.

Feb 1, 2006 at 7:14 PM Post #22 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by propheci
hi smeggy, how long did it take for them to send you the email? i ordered this past weekend but haven't heard anything since. thanks.

I think they are off for the new year celebrations until Feb 2. At least that's what it said on their web site.

Feb 1, 2006 at 7:19 PM Post #23 of 27
It was a couple of hours for me, you can always send a mail directly to them. I got my Spitfire after 4 days which seems to be the normal delivery time and it's well worth it. I'm not a DAC expert by any means but this little toy made a very nice improvement in my humble setup. Going from a crappy laptop computer line out to the Stax's still sounded pretty good but this is so much cleaner and more detailed with optical to the Spitfire. It's also nice being able to have my CD deck conected to it via coax so I don't have to switch connectors all the time. I'm happy as a clam.

Feb 1, 2006 at 11:18 PM Post #26 of 27
Ugh I still need to buy a nice glass opto cable for my spitfire. Right now I'm using a shielded RCA connection at home and a small monster opto cable at work to use with my TBAAM. On both setups the DAC sounds amazing though so it might be awhile until I throw in another 60+ bux on a new cable. I was hoping that when I got my 6' carda connector to connect my X5 to my A47 amp it'd turn into to my new setup for work. The spitfire is just too good in the SQ to not bring to and from work every day.

Feb 8, 2006 at 6:37 AM Post #27 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by tinner
hi there, sorry should have been more specific, would it power an ipods sound througha decent pair of speakers?

Do you mean the spitfire or the amp? The iPod doesn't have a digital out so you can't use it with an external DAC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back