Firestick Bluetooth Pairing
Mar 22, 2023 at 8:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

DRuM

500+ Head-Fier
Hello all. I've got a pair of Creative Outlier Air V3 wireless buds that have stopped pairing with my Amazon Firestick connected to the back of my TV in the last couple days but always worked flawlessly before. The buds pair fine with my laptop, phone and TV but not with the Firestick. My other buds (Mpow M30) still pair fine with the Firestick (don't like them as much as the Creatives though), TV and phone. The Firestick sees/discovers the Creative buds since the name comes up on the Firestick screen, but once I click to select them, the Firestick give me a message of 'Pairing Unsuccessful, try again in settings'.

I've factory reset the Firestick a couple of times, have updated the software and I also reset the buds a few times. Still not pairing. I live chatted with Amazon today who told me the Firestick is fine since my other buds paired with it. I also live chatted with Creative who said the buds are fine since I can pair them with my TV, laptop and phone. So both companies are saying these products aren't faulty.

Creative suggested to install their app, update the firmware and do a buds reset through the app. So I did all that and still not pairing. So I don't know where the problem lies. The Firestick is out of warranty and the buds are still under warranty. Creative did say to go back to them with my troubleshooting steps and they'll try and help further. I'm hoping they can replace the buds. As it happens, I owned another pair of the V3 and they developed a battery charging fault so they got replaced with this pair under warranty, and previous to that, I had their earlier V2 model which had to be returned too for a fault. So I'm suspecting that their quality control ain't all that and it might be the buds at fault.

Any suggestions on what you think might be the cause of not pairing and do you think I should push Creative to replace them? Or, I could order a new Firestick from Amazon and if the buds pair then I'll know my Firestick is faulty?

Meanwhile I've just ordered a pair of Sony WF-1000XM4 to use with my Firestick which I'm looking forward to getting!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back