Firefox question
Aug 29, 2006 at 5:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

NotoriousBIG_PJ

Step 1: Plug power cable into wall. Step 2: Plug other end of power cable into....umm.... Step 0.5: Order something to power with power cable.
My little search bar won't search with google anymore. I think this started when I updated firefox. When I click "add engines" there isn't a choice for google. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Biggie.

Aug 29, 2006 at 6:55 PM Post #2 of 9
I accidentally deleted the Google search plugin once. I believe I found the replacement on this page, you have to scroll down quite a bit to find the generic "normal" Google, but I'm pretty sure its there.

Aug 29, 2006 at 7:07 PM Post #3 of 9
I found a way around it for now. I modified my address bar so when I type in text it does a search using google.

Biggie.

Aug 30, 2006 at 6:30 AM Post #4 of 9
opera FTW
cool.gif

Aug 30, 2006 at 7:01 AM Post #5 of 9
off topic: i have to find out once and for all. what does ftw stand for?

yeah i use opera too, but i like version 8.54. i updated to v9 but i really didnt like it, it tries to be too smart and do everything.

Aug 30, 2006 at 7:07 AM Post #6 of 9
FTW= for teh win
tongue.gif

As for Opera, I vastly like it over Firefox. I like its compactness and streamline design. Firefox on the other hand feels like a mad man's patch work of extensions and plugins, which make it slow and sluggish (and extremely buggy). On the contrary to you, I think I like Opera 9 better (faster, though I don't use the bittorrent and widget thinggie all that much, except "bugmenot", of course
cool.gif
)

Aug 30, 2006 at 7:16 AM Post #7 of 9
Here is what solved this problem for me:

Exit Firefox completely and then start it in safe mode. A window called Firefox Safe Mode with some troubleshooting options will appear. Select the option "Reset toolbars and controls" and choose "Make Changes and Restart".

Biggie.

Aug 30, 2006 at 1:26 PM Post #8 of 9
Off topic: does Opera have a utility or extention or something to have an FTP client within the browser? Also, can you manage tabs like in Firefox w/ an extension (set width, close with middle button, open previously closed tabs, etc.)?

Aug 30, 2006 at 7:28 PM Post #9 of 9
I am not quite sure of the first question, for I rarely use opera plugins/widgets. As for the latter question, Opera already has a very well functional tap system: Middle mouse button closes tabs, ctrl +z opens up closed tabs in order of their closing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back